Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fedora help

Options
  • 16-05-2020 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

I'm new to Linux and Fedora. I'm trying to get Mycroft up and running on Fedora. I am following the instructions here.

I think there was an issue installing, a missing 'dh' or something. I'd like to repeat the instructions and tell exactly what I saw but then another issue arose. I can no longer enter my password. The keys fail to input into the command terminal when I reach a enter password stage.

What's going on? Somebody help me out here. :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Can you provide an output? You can always try to install it as a snap. https://snapcraft.io/mycroft-precise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Can you provide an output? You can always try to install it as a snap. https://snapcraft.io/mycroft-precise

Would output files be stored from yesterday? I did shut down and restart. I opened the logs application that came with Febora, I can't find .my output string .

The password issue persists. I can't enter in my password to the command line. Could it be that I used the same name for all fields when I installed Fedora?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Can you uninstall the lot, and try a reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

L.Jenkins wrote: »
    Can you uninstall the lot, and try a reinstall?

I can. I suppose if I have to.

Advertisement