Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am going to import my Coach from Norway

Options
  • 22-09-2019 1:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭

It's the only way that you can get a couch that does not have flame retardant chemicals sprayed on it. Those flame retardant chemicals are another one of many factors that cause us to get cancer. I might have to pay a bit more for it but the peace of mind will be worth it. Has anyone ever considered this?

I think customers should have a choice with regard to whether they want their couch to be sprayed with such chemicals. I wouldn't be worried if it were just a chair in my office or something, but when it comes to the couch in my own house (and the mattress and carpet in the room that I sleep in), then things are different!

If it were a second hand couch that I were buying, it mightn't make much of a difference. But when those couches are freshly sprayed with those nasty chemicals, it's horrible to think what you're breathing in that is coming off them. There's so many harmful fumes that people (especially city dwellers) have to breathe in all day, so I think it only makes sense to regulate the one environment that you do have control over... seeing as we spend so much of our time in our houses. Or perhaps ignorance is bless!

I can't be sure of how much damage these chemicals actually do to us, but would anyone else take such an action as a precaution? Expect responses of mixed opinions!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Where'd you get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,129 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Have you a link to the study that shows the flame retardant chemicals cause cancer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I'm looking for one that has very soft cushions like this:
    https://floydhome.com/the-sofa

But a lot more structural stability and depth. Something that kind of eats you and resists you at the same time. A big couch.

All the big furniture shops stock nonsense, been looking for a week and there's nothing even resembling what we're looking for! We can wait for the right one though. Maybe we'll get it custom made.

Edit: aaaaahahahhahahahaha
    Brussels+Chesterfield+Corner+Victoria+Patchwork+Leather+Sofa.jpg[img][/img]

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

How much emissions are you going to generate in purchasing such a large item from another country.
    New car smell is a carcinogen as well the toluene and xylene vapours evaporate after a while,
    Personally I don't think the sofa is going to give me cancer.
    But if it wasn't flame retardant and my kids happened to play with matches than I'd be home and cancer free

God I love these forums thanks for posting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

It's the only way that you can get a couch that does not have flame retardant chemicals sprayed on it. Those flame retardant chemicals are another one of many factors that cause us to get cancer. I might have to pay a bit more for it but the peace of mind will be worth it. Has anyone ever considered this?

I think customers should have a choice with regard to whether they want their couch to be sprayed with such chemicals. I wouldn't be worried if it were just a chair in my office or something, but when it comes to the couch in my own house (and the mattress and carpet in the room that I sleep in), then things are different!

If it were a second hand couch that I were buying, it mightn't make much of a difference. But when those couches are freshly sprayed with those nasty chemicals, it's horrible to think what you're breathing in that is coming off them. There's so many harmful fumes that people (especially city dwellers) have to breathe in all day, so I think it only makes sense to regulate the one environment that you do have control over... seeing as we spend so much of our time in our houses. Or perhaps ignorance is bless!

I can't be sure of how much damage these chemicals actually do to us, but would anyone else take such an action as a precaution? Expect responses of mixed opinions!!

I think you're mad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement