Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it so dead in here?

Options
  • 05-07-2012 6:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

I would have thought this would be a major interest are these days.
    Perhaps the hype is over-hyped :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Chinese is hard, not many people are inclined to learn it. Those who are, go to specific forums. Also, the whole 'everyone will need to speak Chinese in a few years' just isn't true. That's my guess anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

most of them try to fight for life in recession. that might be one of reason caused...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sadam

well, not everyone will have to speak Chinese. In fact still very few people do, which is probably one of the best reasons to learn it. I went to an assessment center in Germany for a job with Bosch and it turned out that almost 70% of the people chosen to attend had studied Chinese - and almost 100% of the people who got a job had studied Chinese (not me....).
    Thats when I got interested

Advertisement