Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manhole Issues who is responsible

• 12-12-2018 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Heyo

Sorry if posting in the wrong area.

Long Story Short, we have a manhole cover in out driveway. There is water coming from under it. I assume its waste, judging my the smell.

So who is responsible, for checking if its block and unblocking it, if it's blocked.

Some say me, others are telling me its the councils job, as the estate is managed by the council.

Any and all help very greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Anything inside your boundary is your responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

db wrote: »
    Anything inside your boundary is your responsibility.

Cheers mate, would some company like dyno-rod be who provides the service i'm looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭James 007

Dyno Rod Drain Doctor etc

James 007 wrote: »
    Dyno Rod Drain Doctor etc

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

It's likely this manhole services 6+ houses along line. Unfortunately you are last on line manhole. In my experience in past neighbours have chipped in to clear it. You could get a survey done on main drain to see if there is a more serious problem as to why it's choking.

Any neighbours have new kids lately? Baby wipes are notorious for blocking drains.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

mad m wrote: »
    Any neighbours have new kids lately? Baby wipes are notorious for blocking drains.

And nappys/tampons/normal wipes and the all new flushable wipes.

mad m wrote: »
    It's likely this manhole services 6+ houses along line. Unfortunately you are last on line manhole. In my experience in past neighbours have chipped in to clear it. You could get a survey done on main drain to see if there is a more serious problem as to why it's choking.

Roughly how much would I be looking at, 4 rented houses and a council house in my row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Ive had that experience...can usually split it equally among the 5 houses if youre on good terms with them...think about €160 in total with dyno rod

Ive had that experience...can usually split it equally among the 5 houses if youre on good terms with them...think about €160 in total with dyno rod

Cheers, I got a number for a lad who does out of hours at a reasonable rate. So his calling out later

Advertisement