Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accidental tenant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

pwurple wrote: »
    Sorry Claw, I'm not talking about decorative finish. I meant the actual structure of a building. I've lived in victorian and edwardian houses, and they were both in bits. We had to underpin because the victorian one had no foundation and the walls were sagging.

You can't convince me that either tiles or slate is better than today's standard of waterproof tanking.

And I think you're agreeing with me, loads of people lived in houses up to very recently altogether.

Two house, which are 100+ years old. many well maintained Victorian houses are of a far superior structure than the current modern houses. What wil the current house be ike in 100 years? When the cube and skylights are leaking and the PVC is degrading we will see how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I think accidental tenant is a real thing but its not that clear cut in the sense that, for something to be accidental, you cant have planned for it to happen. In fact, you had planned to NOT rent and had taken clear steps towards that goal.

Having your own house and find yourself having to rent because you got an unexpected job offer on the other side of the country is an accidental tenant.

Losing a job and having to sell your house or having it and end up renting is an accidental tenant.

Buying a house you could never afford the repayments on and defaulting on the mortgage cannot reasonably be considered accidental.

Just having to rent before you buy or when you move out and still cant afford to buy or you don't meet borrowing rules etc etc etc all do not fall into what I would consider accidental renting.

I had planned to never work but have to, I am an accidental worker

Advertisement