Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Everyone loves Rafael but Coleman who is never injured, a better defender and more effective attacker never gets anything but criticism.

IDK whether it's wild overrating of Rafael, disbelief that's a really good Irish player exists or a bit of both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,356 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

keane2097 wrote: »
    Everyone loves Rafael but Coleman who is never injured, a better defender and more effective attacker never gets anything but criticism.

IDK whether it's wild overrating of Rafael, disbelief that's a really good Irish player exists or a bit of both.

Coleman is normally the only functional player in the Irish team, tasked with both being a lockdown defender and the team's main attacking threat so wont look as good as he would if he had more of a threatening player than Walters to play off. He's the best RB in the PL imo, a battle between him and Zabaleta for me anyway. I know someone's going to say Ivanovic but if ever there was an overrated RB it's him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I won't lie, a little bit of the Positivity will die a bit inside me if we have no signing by Saturday evening.

Not panicking, but did hope we have a transfer completed, then again, they may well be. I'm kinda glad I'm very busy in work at minute and don't get chance to read much during day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Coleman Is very overrated. We are only going for him (if true) because our other targets have failed .

I have it off a very good source that United interest has cooled big time up until last week.
    ...and I have it off a very good source that interest hasn't cooled since initial interest was made known in the early days of 2015.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I won't lie, a little bit of the Positivity will die a bit inside me if we have no signing by Saturday evening.

Not panicking, but did hope we have a transfer completed, then again, they may well be. I'm kinda glad I'm very busy in work at minute and don't get chance to read much during day.

Don't you dare fall off that positivity train.

I have a big celebration planned for July 20. There will be transfers.

ITK.

Or there may not be.

ITK.

Or there may not be.

Oh its on course just slight delay right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Adamcp898 wrote: »

really hope we dont sell him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

really hope we dont sell him

Afaik, it's alReady official he is off for a medical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Rafael (who every most certainly does not love) does far more on the defensive end than Coleman. I like Coleman as a player, and it would have been great if we had got him for a decent price to compete with Rafael for the spot as it has not been a strong position worldwide for a few years now, with all the best options unobtainable on top of that.

Truth is you are overrating Coleman here, which many tend to do in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ITK.

Or there may not be.
    July 20th is my birthday, and we signed Keane on the 19th in 1993. So you'd better be right! :mad:

The thing about Nani is that his defenders don't accept how detrimental to a team he could be and those who felt he wasn't good enough didn't realise what he could add to a team. That line that is supposed to be attributed to Rene about Nani not knowing what he did on a field fits about right.

I mean he did some unbelieveable stuff but the next game he was torture. He had an unreal season when Rooney was top scorer but the last season (I may be wrong) he did some daft stuff like the backpass to the keeper that ended up at a Liverpool players feet. And that was the kind of stuff that just happened with him. OK, we could all sit down all night and say he assisted this, scored this for Sporting but hands up - who watched him play 20-30 games in a season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

CI8dL1VUMAAfGrN.jpg

"HE IS NOT BACKING DOWN" - Marca front page stating that Ramos is "determined to leave Real Madrid"

zerks wrote: »
    CI8dL1VUMAAfGrN.jpg

"HE IS NOT BACKING DOWN" - Marca front page stating that Ramos is "determined to leave Real Madrid"

I won't march to Wimbledon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

iS6ySX8.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

article-2297478-18DC8E5E000005DC-416_634x595.jpg

As good as a done deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He enjoyed taking the piss out of Arsenal...

nani-goal-vs-arsenal-3-1-o.gif

nani-dribble-arsenal-o.gif

He scored an arrogant chip in the 8-2 as well but I can't find a gif of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It's somewhere in between both are very closely matched. Obviously you overate Coleman and others overate Rafael it's all about personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Nuts102 wrote: »
    It's somewhere in between both are very closely matched. Obviously you overate Coleman and others overate Rafael it's all about personal opinion.

Rafael - great going forward but he's a liability defending at times. Thats his primary job. He also has a bad habit of losing his cool and jumping in as we saw away to Leicester last season. Good back-up player but not first choice for me if I had a choice between him and Coleman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

zerks wrote: »
    CI8dL1VUMAAfGrN.jpg

Stuff like this gives me a lot of confidence that we will sign him. Once the Madrid propaganda machine sets in motion it's very difficult for it to turn back. He is being portrayed as a money grabber by them and the club, not unlike ADM last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

kstand wrote: »
    Rafael - great going forward but he's a liability defending at times. Thats his primary job. He also has a bad habit of losing his cool and jumping in as we saw away to Leicester last season. Good back-up player but not first choice for me if I had a choice between him and Coleman.

Rafael didn't jump in last season against Leicester. The ref got that horribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Whatever the fee we are getting for Nani is criminal. Selling him is idiotic decision when we still have players like Valencia, Young. Yeah Young had good season and Valencia is playing as RB but when both played as wingers they weren't any better than Nani. Nani is a game changer and he wasn't given any chances in his last 2 seasons at United. When he got run of games from 2009 to 2012 he delivered big time and after that for no reason he lost his place and never got back.

Great signing for whichever club he is signing for.

Also would like to see Coleman at United. Given chance I would take Rafael as our first choice RB but for whatever reason he is not getting chances. So Coleman would be good addition to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

He has done more than good enough against great wingers but somehow he is liability defending. 6 or 7 years ago he was sent off against Bayern and that is still used against him.

He got yellow card against Hazard in the first few mins and same against City with Robinho but he still finished game playing well. He also did well against Bale.

This he is liability defending is absolute nonsense and using non existent penalty that was awarded to prove something is just wrong. Rafael was fouled, he got up and tried to follow the player which is a sign of good defender.

He made few mistakes, no more than any other full backs but since he is very good attacker and Brazilian he must be liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Coleman is more of a liability at defending. What has he around 7 own goals for constantly trying to make last ditch tackles after getting caught out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looks like the leaks around Ramos are continuing.

Ramos will not forgive Real Madrid for questioning his professionalism and "madridismo" (Marca)

His mother knows he wants to leave but didn't feel she could say it in public.
    Ramos really wants to leave.

Now it would be nice if United and Real Madrid could come to a deal for the players each want, because we know it will most likely happen, might as well have it sooner than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I love how his mother is being dragged into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I know it's probably rubbish but given the chance to let Evans go to Everton and get Coleman in return, I would pounce on it. I would fly to Manchester and organise transport for the two lads if it meant helping the deal get done.

I highly rate Coleman attackingly and defensively, I know from here others don't. I don't buy into him "being overrated". He's a guy who was bought for £60,000 5-6 years ago and has gone on to be nominated for young player of the year, only the season before last he was selected on PFA team of the season, he's won Evertons player of the year and fans player of the year. If anything he has over achieved nearly all expectations of him and was some of the best bit of business Everton have done.

At 26 years old he's only entering his prime I feel. Everton had a poor season this year so maybe peoples views on him changed, but despite how poor Everton were at times he had a decent season. He's got a lot of experience in the premier league, including Europa league experience now too.

If we could get a good deal for him and bring him in I would be delighted. I know at the moment its all paper talk and could be rubbish but if it isn't I would be pleased.

I love how his mother is being dragged into it.

Even Harry Redknapp was impressed, given she was asked while in her car :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lads its six years ago today since we signed Michael Owen...
    None of us knew about that deal until it was done and dusted
    Just because we don't hear things doesn't mean they're not happening
    #PositivityTrain #choo****ingchoobitches

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm not a bit confident today. No one will sign. Even if Sergio Ramod got out of bed this morning and said to himself "Hola Sergio, it truly is a wonderful day. I could spend it driving around Madrid in one of my many fabulous cars, but instead I choose to register with a random soccer forum called boards to speak the truth that I do actually want to join Manchrster United", I'd tell him to go away ya bollix. Then I'd get him banned for being a rereg.

We are signing no one today. Not even a commercial deal. Go and enjoy the fine weather guys, there will be no additions to the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Starting to lose faith in my prediction that a signing would be announced this week....

Turans future to be revealed today though unless his agent is a complete spoofer.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm not a bit confident today. No one will sign. Even if Sergio Ramod got out of bed this morning and said to himself "Hola Sergio, it truly is a wonderful day. I could spend it driving around Madrid in one of my many fabulous cars, but instead I choose to register with a random soccer forum called boards to speak the truth that I do actually want to join Manchrster United", I'd tell him to go away ya bollix. Then I'd get him banned for being a rereg.

We are signing no one today. Not even a commercial deal. Go and enjoy the fine weather guys, there will be no additions to the squad.

I f***in love you FutureGuy

Beer and bewbs gifs at the ready lads......

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Coleman is more of a liability at defending. What has he around 7 own goals for constantly trying to make last ditch tackles after getting caught out of position.

Well that can't be right at all unless you prove me wrong with a statistic. Last I saw Carragher has 7 and that's the second highest in the premier league for own goals by one player (overall), Skrtel has like 5-6 and I don't remember Coleman being mentioned in it when I was glancing through.

A quick search shows Coleman has scored 2 premier league own goals in his 6 seasons with Everton.
    http://www.worldfootball.net/alltime_goalgetter/eng-premier-league/eigentore/1/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

brinty wrote: »
    Lads its six years ago today since we signed Michael Owen...
    None of us knew about that deal until it was done and dusted
    Just because we don't hear things doesn't mean they're not happening
    #PositivityTrain #choo****ingchoobitches

best thing he did in a united shirt

dubmick wrote: »
    Giggs says the tour is a chance for the young lads to break into the 1st team.

I love the sound of that. Can't wait for the tour to see how some of the young lads who were on loan play.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Even Harry Redknapp was impressed, given she was asked while in her car :pac:

Are you joking? She surely wasn't asked about it from the car?

She would be around 60? Being asked what her 29 year old son wants to do. It's so weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

She would be around 60? Being asked what her 29 year old son wants to do. It's so weird.

She could be 47 for all we know. :p

I was reading a Google translate of the Spanish newspaper - COPE.

In it says the rumours that Di Maria could return to Real Madrid are false - they were talking to his agent, same article where the quotes about Otamendi not joining Real Madrid. Didn't even know it was a rumour...Lopez made it clear neither Di Maria or Otamendi would be anywhere near Madrid.

In that article, the paper says Otamendi's move centers around Manchester United.

https://twitter.com/Redknapp/status/615902795359780864

edit for those unable to access twitter: Just heard Sergio Ramos' mum is doing interviews in her car today. She must have been watching transfer deadline day.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

That Harry Redknapp account is a bit like the Boring Kearneys account.

It can be amusing purely by the lack of standard 'Arry 'yperbole.

Maybe Ramos is on poor wages if he cant afford to buy house for his mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

That Harry Redknapp account is a bit like the Boring Kearneys account.

It can be amusing purely by the lack of standard 'Arry 'yperbole.

It's his official account??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

fresh new thread. I like it.

Season Predictions.

United do the double, FA Cup and League title.

Champions League semi final

di Maria PFA player of the year.

Rooney scores 20+ goals

Luke Shaw PFA young player of the year

Herrera scores 12 league goals

I still don't rate Fellaini

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,308 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Starting to lose faith in my prediction that a signing would be announced this week....

Turans future to be revealed today though unless his agent is a complete spoofer.

I was certain we would have Schneiderlin in, based on what it is reported Woodward was briefing journos last week, but obviously no movement there. Thought we would have got someone else in too. A busy week was expected.

I was certain we would have Schneiderlin in, based on what it is reported Woodward was briefing journos last week, but obviously no movement there. Thought we would have got someone else in too. A busy week was expected.

Don't fret Mitch
    Calm before the storm
    I've beers in the cooler with your name on them ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,308 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

brinty wrote: »
    Don't fret Mitch
    Calm before the storm
    I've beers in the cooler with your name on them ;)

This is a lie - you don't even know my name!:P:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

bangkok wrote: »
    fresh new thread. I like it.

Season Predictions.

United do the double, FA Cup and League title.

Champions League semi final

di Maria PFA player of the year.

Rooney scores 20+ goals

Luke Shaw PFA young player of the year

Herrera scores 12 league goals

I still don't rate Fellaini

:)

My prediction is that all of these will be wrong, except the last one. :p

You mean your names not Mitch....
    I'm crushed
    terminator-2-crushed-skull-o.gif

Internet friend #14

When was Woodward briefing the press last week?
    I don't think he did.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement