Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 - Mod Post in OP 23/07

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fuck y'all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Second
    #positivitytrain #choochoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

again, nobody is ever denying our financial success, yet people keep using this to defend Woodward when his tranfer dealings are brought into question - this is called moving the goalposts.

as i mentioned here before, every single one of us laughed for years at City when they threw money around Europe and we took the moral highground on it. now, all of a sudden the same people who did that, see no issue with us being actually worse - at least they got top class talents such as the likes of Silva, Kompany, Aguero, Toure etc in the space of 2 years, we got Di Maria yet spent more.

seen as you and one other poster are the two biggest Woodward fanboys on here, can you answer me a simple question with a yes or no answer- are you happy with how the club has conducted its transfer business since April 2013?

yes or no will do and you can elaborate all you want after that.

Well I didn't laugh at man city. Laughing at a team bringing in better players? Hardly laughable. I wasn't aware of boards back in them days. But if it happened now ad people laughed at them they would be stupid.

Well a yes and no answer is slightly misleading, but anyway. Yes I am.
    The team is far stronger than it was. On paper.

I know you will bang on about the fees now, and I have made it clear in the last week or so, that the fees are the fees. We can't determine for ourselfs if they were good bargains or not financially.
    Someone else did and that's all that matters. Us bitching about overpaying is no use as I'm sure that's not how it went down in the negotiation.
    Even if we did overpay, the player is at the club and that's the most important thing.
    What I mean about well run I mean as it is self sustaining, it's not like the other oil clubs who crumbled. The club can support it. You can be sure the clubs money is invested around the world making more money. The continuity about the club is fantastic.

If you want a Tl:dr it can read as, even if we assume we overpaid, it dosent matter, the player is there and the team is stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Finally the centre back pairing thread of Ramos and Otamendi is open.

Welcome. :D

Also **** all ye bastards. I hate ye all, shower of miserable pricks with nothing else to do.

Choo choo

• Advertisement

Man City built on oil money.
    United built on football money.

So any news lads?

I almost saw pierce brosnan by grand canal square today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Wel'll sign players before the end of this thread
    #PositivityTrain #choochoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

dfx- owes you all 12 posts.

So any news lads?

That is a bit like almost signed...

Well I saw Taylor Swift this week and she sang that the players are gonna play, I'm sure she was singing about the world class signings that are coming to United.

Sure twitter lit up that night with Ramos wanting the move to United, even if his mother doesn't...

The signings are coming, the players are gonna play.

• Advertisement

dfx- owes you all 12 posts.

He owes me one as he locked the thread as I was posting and I lost that post, bad mod :p :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ooh what a crappy transfer window

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Have we signed anyone yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭dubmick

Giggs says the tour is a chance for the young lads to break into the 1st team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

I can sense a signing before September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

utdreport.com ‏@UtdReport

#mufc have stopped all negotiations with Real Madrid for David de Gea. [marca]

utdreport.com ‏@UtdReport

As of now, David de Gea will return to Manchester for pre-season training on the 6th July. He will also attend the USA tour. [marca]

Don't know how reliable these guys are but it's been a slow news day so here ya go.
    I'll be happy if De Gea stays for another season but i'm sure a lot of people will feel a bit weird/awkward as we all know he wanted to go off this summer. He never said a word and made it clear but there has been just way too much noise coming out from media and journos. Hopefully Mata can win his heart over and he will forget about that other slut :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Ooh what a crappy transfer window

Hasn't even been open for 48 hours yet. Calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

a new thread and new hope for world class players please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Seen that from Marca on twitter earlier - basically United seem to be breaking Real's balls.... No Ramos -> No DeGea

Nice to see United standing firm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,224 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ramos and otamendi FAP FAP FAP

• Advertisement

Seems as if we'll know either way before the 10th in relation to DeGea/Ramos ... Seems as if Real are departing for Australia and like LVG Benitez will "command" Ramos to go with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,985 ✭✭✭paulbok

dubmick wrote: »
    Giggs says the tour is a chance for the young lads to break into the 1st team.

Brendan Rogers says the tour is a chance for the young lads to break into the 1st team players houses.

Nani medical on Sunday at Fenerbahce [BBC Radio Manchester Reporter]

Official with Fenerbahce too - wish him well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What's the point of even putting in a buy out clause in a players contract if it doesn't have to be met

Otamendi's is £40 million I read

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What's the point of even putting in a buy out clause in a players contract if it doesn't have to be met

Every player contract in Spain has to have a buyout clause included. Hence why you see Messi/Ronaldo with ridiculous €2bn buyout clauses that will never be met.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

irishfeen wrote: »
    Seen that from Marca on twitter earlier - basically United seem to be breaking Real's balls.... No Ramos -> No DeGea

Nice to see United standing firm :)

if the media reports are true, then Untied and Woodward deserve a bit of credit for this.

but then again, sure those clueless media lads know nothing at all:cool:

if the media reports are true, then Untied and Woodward deserve a bit of credit for this.

but then again, sure those clueless media lads know nothing at all:cool:
    I would tend to think there is definitely something in it when Marca are saying it .. there are basically a Real Madrid news organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,977 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

A buyout clause isn't there as a minimum amount to be paid - it's the absolute max that will need to be paid.

It's never in a clubs interest to have one included, it can only benefit the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

If its true that we are playing tough on DDG then I say shove it up your arse Madrid ya bullying shower of Langer's.

It's about time we said take a hike.

If true. If not then, well....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Hopefully Real decide, f@$k ye United and go out and sign some other keeper. Can't see it though 😬

Hopefully Real decide, f@$k ye United and go out and sign some other keeper. Can't see it though 😬
    Best case scenario they sell us Ramos thinking DDG will transfer ... then get Dave to sign the dotted line :) best of both worlds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Even if Real didn't sign him he will go back to Spain next summer. On a free transfer then his wages become a lesser issue for other clubs.

I can't see him signing a new deal at United now.

DM_7 wrote: »
    Even if Real didn't sign him he will go back to Spain next summer. On a free transfer then his wages become a lesser issue for other clubs.

I can't see him signing a new deal at United now.
    When we win the treble next year he might change his mind and stay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭Robson99

irishfeen wrote: »
    When we win the treble next year he might change his mind and stay :pac:

Wish he could see his future with us rather than Real

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Nani going to Fenerbache according to SSN. Medical to take place Sunday

• Advertisement

Disappointing. I know he'd cause a riot here, but a extremely good player for us and not the flop some will portray him to be. Even for 07/08 season he was worth every penny and was great see him shoot good form from start of 2010 for few years.

The Kew says thanks Nani (sure he reads here)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,554 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So any news lads?

Just home from Spain and the whiff of a new thread.

Seen Keith Andrews in the Airport.. Im taking it as a sign we are going to sign a midfielder tomorrow.

Edit:Oh and CHOO CHOO MOTHER****ERS!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

:D

My favourite Nani goal was one against Boro in October 2007.

Was behind Nani but directly in view of shot. Was a Beaut!!. One best goals I have seen live. Camera side does it no justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Nani being let go for a paltry fee but keeping the likes of Valencia is disappointing.

While he (Nani) was as frustrating a player as Ive ever seen in a United he displayed many flashes of brilliance in his time with us.

Valencia, well, you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

One good season

Valenica does have a 0.06 more chance creation then Clyne though, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Nani being let go for a paltry fee but keeping the likes of Valencia is disappointing.

While he (Nani) was as frustrating a player as Ive ever seen in a United he displayed many flashes of brilliance in his time with us.

Valencia, well, you know.

What about the CL semi against Schalke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

i hear there's no value in the market

:pac:

Real Madrid to offer Ramos a new contract worth €7.5 million a year, Ramos wants €10 million.

The word is he will refuse to sign any new contract...will have to see...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CI8SqHfWwAAAHHn.jpg:large

Ya would take that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Ya would take that

Coleman Is very overrated. We are only going for him (if true) because our other targets have failed .

I have it off a very good source that United interest has cooled big time up until last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I regard the Coleman talk as paper talk right now.

I can see Right back as Van Gaals little project position, where an existing player is used, McNair or Lingard perhaps. Bringing players from youth system into the first team is important for him.

With the left back options signed, central defenders sought, wide players signed, midfield players signed and sought, importance of quality forwards to take chances spoke of on many occasions Right back stands out as the likely experiment.

Coleman Is very overrated. We are only going for him (if true) because our other targets have failed .

I have it off a very good source that United interest has cooled big time up until last week.

Who overrates him though?

His Ireland form is poor cause of a tick manager in O Neill. His Everton form is very good. He aint a World Class player by any means butbhe is good enough and with right purchases elsewhere he be solid buy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement