Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC News/Gossip/Rumours Summer '15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,894 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Suarez was viewed as trouble in England and we were the only team to risk signing him because of it. Not a bad payback for trouble, tbh. It may well be worth the risk again.

Icardi declared his love for a team mates missus on Twitter that kind of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

I think we've seen enough of Mario tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Icardi declared his love for a team mates missus on Twitter that kind of trouble.

He'll be in for Borini's sister. :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

He's off to Chelsea then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not sure why anyone would want Ballotelli to stay to be honest. Been putrid on the pitch and apparently been skipping training sessions off it.

He'll be in for Borini's sister. :rolleyes:

Borini missus maybe that seems to keep Borini from leaving :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

NukaCola wrote: »
    I think we've seen enough of Mario tbh.

Exactly, you can give out about systems all you like(not you specifically) but systems don't stop you putting in any sort of effort and not hitting shots whenever you get within 30 yards of goal instead of playing a simple pass.

He's a poisoned pudding, get rid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Suarez was viewed as trouble in England and we were the only team to risk signing him because of it. Not a bad payback for trouble, tbh. It may well be worth the risk again.

Suarez's trouble is a different kind of trouble. Suarez's problem was/is that his desire to win is so big that he ends up having pure moments of madness and lashes out. Icardi swooped for Maxi Lopez's ex-wife a few weeks after they divorced, and ended up marrying her and now they have a kid. For some 22 year old lad to do that is a bit sh*tty, but for a team-mate to do that to his friend makes him a d*ck imo.

Suarez never has off the field issues, Icardi sounds like trouble, but more of the Balotelli kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I love white pudding, black too but not as much. As for Xmas pudding, I don't like it.

Which one is he?

We share the same taste in puddings, we can be pudding buddies if you like?

As for your question about Mario, I'll have to let you draw your own conclusions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

I don't keep up to date with all the gossip but I have a Sampdoria supporting mate who was giving out about the shenanigans of Maxi Lopez, he too was pledging his love/lust for the neglected/betrayed Wanda.

Talisman wrote: »
    I don't keep up to date with all the gossip but I have a Sampdoria supporting mate who was giving out about the shenanigans of Maxi Lopez, he too was pledging his love/lust for the neglected/betrayed Wanda.

To be honest I couldn't give a sh1t what a player does off the pitch if he is doing the job on it.

He is a good player who would improve us and if he gets on the nerves of opposition fans all the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

To be honest I couldn't give a sh1t what a player does off the pitch if he is doing the job on it.

He is a good player who would improve us and if he gets on the nerves of opposition fans all the better.

The problem is off the field problems can end up becoming on the field problems if he falls out with team mates or his performance drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The problem is off the field problems can end up becoming on the field problems if he falls out with team mates or his performance drops.

Or if Wanda does not like Liverpool and starts spouting crap about wanting to move to London for shopping etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

He's been a bit of a pr1ck about the whole thing. Winding up Lopez publically, mocking him. No class at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Echo reporting that advanced talks with Milner will take place this week

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-transfers-reds-close-9371702
    Liverpool are closing in on the signing of James Milner from Manchester City.

The Reds are set to hold advanced talks with the out-of-contract England midfielder this week, and are confident of agreeing a deal that would see the 29-year-old move to Anfield on a free transfer on July 1.

Milner has long been identified as one of Liverpool’s top targets, and has been reluctant to commit his future to City due to concerns over playing time.

A number of other clubs, including Arsenal, have expressed an interest in the versatile former Aston Villa man, but it looks increasingly as though it is Liverpool who have won the race.

The signing would represent a boost for the club, as they look to rebuild following a disappointing season.

• Advertisement

A few thing will probably get done this week with the big guns over from Boston.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Cech leaving Chelsea

If looking to finish top 4 he should be high our priority list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Cech leaving Chelsea

Hands off! Im fcuking praying he comes to Arsenal. He would improve any side in the PL by a good margin bar united (until Madrid comes calling :pac:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I love white pudding, black too but not as much. As for Xmas pudding, I don't like it.

Which one is he?

You're on dodgy ground here dvd :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

If Rodgers stays, then I agree the most likely scenario for Balotelli is to get shipped out on loan. He was apparently fit for the close of the season, yet hardly made the bench most games. We know Rodgers uses training sessions to dictate who makes the first team/bench, so perhaps there is truth to the rumours that he was skipping training.

• Advertisement

It would be actually be negligent of the club not to make every effort to sign Cech. Instant improvement in a key position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭dogbert27

It might be in Rodgers favour that the owners are coming over here instead of him being "summoned" to Boston.

On the other hand it was bad PR the last time to drag Kenny over to the States to tell him he was no longer required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He's off to Chelsea then.
    When i read Agent Coulsons reply, that was my first thought:D.

Sell him on next year to Chelsea for £50m and watch the sparks fly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,738 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Cech leaving Chelsea

Himself and Milner would be two great signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭brevity

I don't really understand the Ings signing. He is another Borini, Aspas, Lambert. Someone who can score goals but needs to play every game. They aren't going to play every game for us so I don't really see the point. They will play maybe 10 games and score a few here and there but wont really threaten for a first team place.

What we should be doing, but due to our stupid transfer/wages policy we won't, is buying players that push Sturridge to 3 and Balotelli to 4. Instead we faff about with players that make up numbers and don't offer us anything.

I don't know about Cech. He's had some dodgy moments the last two seasons.

Had a poor clean sheet record last season and the games he played this year he wasn't great. He was in goal for the 4-2 loss to Bradford in the FA Cup.

brevity wrote: »
    I don't really understand the Ings signing. He is another Borini, Aspas, Lambert. Someone who can score goals but needs to play every game. They aren't going to play every game for us so I don't really see the point. They will play maybe 10 games and score a few here and there but wont really threaten for a first team place.

What we should be doing, but due to our stupid transfer/wages policy we won't, is buying players that push Sturridge to 3 and Balotelli to 4. Instead we faff about with players that make up numbers and don't offer us anything.

If only we could find the next Ole Gunnar Solksjaer. Now that guy knew how to sit on the bench, keep his mouth shut, come on at any time of the game and score a goal.

He's up there with one of Ferguson's best buys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭brevity

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I don't know about Cech. He's had some dodgy moments the last two seasons.

Had a poor clean sheet record last season and the games he played this year he wasn't great. He was in goal for the 4-2 loss to Bradford in the FA Cup.

We're in no position to be refusing Cech on the basis of dodgy moments and poor clean sheets.

Also, isn't Cech on course to break a clean sheet record?

Milner improves the first team.

This is the kind of player we need to be signing not more squad players even if the are cheap.

brevity wrote: »
    We're in no position to be refusing Cech on the basis of dodgy moments and poor clean sheets.

Also, isn't Cech on course to break a clean sheet record?

Are we signing Cech though to sit on the bench or to replace Mignolet?

I take back my clean sheet comment, he had 16 in the 13/14 season compared to Mignolet's 8.

Although the defence in front of the keepers have a lot to do with that too!

• Advertisement

Are we signing Cech though to sit on the bench or to replace Mignolet?

I take back my clean sheet comment, he had 16 in the 13/14 season compared to Mignolet's 8.

Although the defence in front of the keepers have a lot to do with that too!

huh :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

huh :confused:

The reason Cech is leaving Chelsea is because he wants first team football.

If we were to sign him then I assume it's to replace Mignolet who won't want to play second fiddle to Cech so he'll look to move if Cech comes in which means we'll need to buy another keeper unless, God forbid, Brad Jones is offered a new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

Oh bollox

Other twitter sources are saying that Milner will become our first signing this week. Im certainly pleased with that one as long as hes not the only one signed in that position. One more good midfield player as a genuine replacement for Gerrard such as Kovacic for example and I would say we have some very good options there (Milner, Kovacic, Henderson, Emre Can, Lucas(if he stays)). Joe Allen is excluded from that group for obvious reasons that I hope I dont have to spell out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

A Milner deal for any club could be a while away yet as by the sounds of it there's plenty of interest and probably a few decent offers for him to mull over.
    Is Jovetic a viable option for Liverpool now?He'd make a pretty big impact but whether he'd want to stay in England is another story.Lots of talk about Clyne but he's another player that seems in demand and is going to cost a fair amount,a move for Trippier would be a bit shrewder imo.

We need a marquee signing to replace Gerrard.

I hope Milner isn't seen as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,738 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

We also need a marquee signing up top. Doubt we'll get two

• Advertisement

He'd be the experience needed to replace Gerrard but definitely not the marquee signing.

The owners would really have to think the fans as stupid if they tried to pull that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

If only we could find the next Ole Gunnar Solksjaer. Now that guy knew how to sit on the bench, keep his mouth shut, come on at any time of the game and score a goal.

He's up there with one of Ferguson's best buys.
    Himself and Diego Forlan.

Liverpool value Christian Benteke at around £20m and have no intention to activate his release clause of around £32m. [Echo]

Seems about right if you ask me. To pay 32 million for him in my opinion is an electric chair offense. 20 million Im not sure what to think. Would any of ye take him for that? Then again Im enclined to think that hes just another good player that wont suit the teams style

Himself and Diego Forlan.

Forlan actually proved himself afterwards with Atletico and Uruguay.

Now if you said Djemba Djemba :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,998 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Liverpool value Christian Benteke at around £20m and have no intention to activate his release clause of around £32m. [Echo]

Seems about right if you ask me. To pay 32 million for him in my opinion is an electric chair offense. 20 million Im not sure what to think. Would any of ye take him for that? Then again Im enclined to think that hes just another good player that wont suit the teams style

i lot easier to take at 20m - though I'm still not convinced he's the best option out there. He improves the squad for sure, but I would like us to make sure he's the best we can get before we go for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Milner is a fantastic signing if it does go through, very very happy with that.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    i lot easier to take at 20m - though I'm still not convinced he's the best option out there. He improves the squad for sure, but I would like us to make sure he's the best we can get before we go for him.

Yeh theres a lot of talk on that we thought we could take him for 20 or under. For under 20 million hes a good signing but hes certainly not the best option out there for us and I have a bad feeling that we would not play to his strengths

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

LFC transfer committee already planning for Summer 2016. Hoping Villa will take Milner back and looking for a season-long loan for Ings.

:pac:

Good article from Bascombe that not only discusses Milner but also what is on the agenda at the end of season review

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11644774/Liverpool-poised-to-confirm-James-Milner-signing.html

Yeh theres a lot of talk on that we thought we could take him for 20 or under. For under 20 million hes a good signing but hes certainly not the best option out there for us and I have a bad feeling that we would not play to his strengths

Or, almost worse, that we would play to his strengths, and just start hoofing the ball forward to him.

Remember when Carroll was let go, Rodgers claimed it was that because, even though he could play football on the ground, it was too much of a temptation for the players to punt balls up the field rather than building patiently.

Good article from Bascombe that not only discusses Milner but also what is on the agenda at the end of season review

Im not too sure about Bascombe's influence/information anymore. As a side note, is it just me, or is there always a touch of nastiness to his voice?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement