Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

greendom wrote: »
    wonder how 1970s Brazil would have got on against Bradford ? :D

Theyed have lost to be ready for an important upcoming game. :cool:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

B9t0ulJIQAAnqh3.jpg

That man is BITING poor Ivan!!!!!!1111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Cant wait until hes back, I cant wait until the Liverpool game in April too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Not a single mention of Burnley yet, hopefully the team are not as complacent as we are :)

Not a single mention of Burnley yet, hopefully the team are not as complacent as we are :)

Game isnt for another 8 or 9 days, they'll be grand, let them focus on PSG first :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Game isnt for another 8 or 9 days, they'll be grand, let them focus on PSG first :pac:

ah for goodness sake!
    I googled the fixtures and assumed they were all this weekend, typical the week I get Sky there are no matches on:mad:

Cheers for the heads up, I would have been pretty confused tomorrow.

ah for goodness sake!
    I googled the fixtures and assumed they were all this weekend, typical the week I get Sky there are no matches on:mad:

Cheers for the heads up, I would have been pretty confused tomorrow.

Ya, its all FA cup this weekend, Sky might have a championship match on, usually worth a watch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Ya, its all FA cup this weekend, Sky might have a championship match on, usually worth a watch too.

What fa cups games are being showed on bbc this weekend ?

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What fa cups games are being showed on bbc this weekend ?

No idea TBH, didnt check since we're not in it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

No idea TBH, didnt check since we're not in it :P

Only checked myself there one of things that came up searching was Bradford manager fuming their game against Sunderland snubbed and tbf he may have a point...Aston Villa v Leicester being shown

BBCONE: Sun 12.30 Villa v Leicester
    Mon 19.45 Preston v Man U

BTSport1: Sat 12.45 Baggies v Hammers
    Sat 17.30 CPFC v Liverpool
    Sun 16.00 Arsenal v Boro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

If you had to pick a player of the season at this moment, who would you pick?

Terry? - as dignified as ever, getting the job done quietly. Would go down as his best PL win if they finish it out.
    Matic? - Been consistently good, so comfortable on the ball. Doesn't score or assist, but that's not his job.
    Fabregas? - IMO he doesn't do much apart from when he does assist. Not the greatest dribbler, tackling is poor it must be said.
    Costa? - Scores the goals, they're usually put on a plate though. Rarely assists, and can be anonymous for large parts of games, including the majority of the 2 lost, and drawn game. Lack of pace means he can rarely race through when played in against high line defenses.
    Hazard? - Probably been the best up until now, helps to open up games and space for others to do their thing. Fun to watch all day long but his goal/assist output needs to be better if he wants to be the deserved winner. Perhaps the fact that he's still being doubled-up on at times is working against him.

Wasn't trying to be harsh but had to detract from their achievements in some way so as to present an argument for/against them.

As well as that, if Chelsea were to win the league, would Terry retire at the top or give it another go?

I think he should and will, but wouldn't be surprised if without warning he did so.
    Whether or not the club can/will have somebody(hopefully Varane) lined up may play a big part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    As well as that, if Chelsea were to win the league, would Terry retire at the top or give it another go?

I think he should and will, but wouldn't be surprised if without warning he did so.
    Whether or not the club can/will have somebody(hopefully Varane) lined up may play a big part.

No chance of him retiring.

With regards to your question about best player, I would go Hazard, Matic and Costa. Probably in that order too.

Cesc costa hazard matic JT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I've been pretty torn over the whole lampard fiasco, on one hand you can't deny his legend status and he was deemed surplus to requirements but I can't help but feel that he was less than honest with his dealings over the summer and in doing what he has he ceartinly has damaged his legacy, but story's like this really make me realise what a fine ambassador we let go.
    http://www.breakingnews.ie/sport/lampard-hailed-for-classy-gesture-662153.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Costa has been our best player this season. The passion and fire he brings energises the whole team. His will to win and determination are better than anyone else in the premier league. Yes, he will finish goals that have been created by being in the right place at the right time, but he has also scored opening goals against tough defences, many times, through sheer strength of will. The team has a lot of fantastic players, but to me, Costa is the most irreplaceable right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Matic for me, time and time again he is first to the loose ball and we've seen what happens when he doesn't play.. Haz and Costa 2&3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Terry all day for me, we've the second best defense in the league in terms of goals conceded and he's the master and commander of it all. Where do you think Matic gets his positioning from? He's told by JT where to go. Yes Costa, Cesc, and Hazard are fantastic players and play some champagne football, get some fantastic goals and assists, but, as proven by the pool last year, you can have an amazing strike force but unless your defence is sold and lean then you're not gonna win jack sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Mikel for me ... by far..

Hazard for me hes a real game changer

Its always good that we have about 5 candidates so far.

Rags are running with Oscar to Juventus in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

PSG drew 2-2 at home to Caen, conceded 2 in the last few minutes. Would take that result in Paris!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Johner wrote: »
    PSG drew 2-2 at home to Caen, conceded 2 in the last few minutes. Would take that result in Paris!

They finished the game with 9 men, apparently they have a good few injured. Cabaye, Marquinhos, Pastore, Lucas and possibly Luiz appear to be doubts for the first leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Blanc: 'Marquinhos, Aurier, Cabaye & Lucas are OUT of game v Chelsea. Matuidi is uncertain'

Mind games, its all mind games from auld Larry White.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

PSG have been quite mediocre for a while now, and falling off the pace. We've been kind of treading water, but staying on top. We have a good space to get a gameplan together. I'm expecting Jose to bring a lead back to the Bridge.

• Advertisement

McDave wrote: »
    PSG have been quite mediocre for a while now, and falling off the pace. We've been kind of treading water, but staying on top. We have a good space to get a gameplan together. I'm expecting Jose to bring a lead back to the Bridge.

A score draw wouldnt be the worst result either though.

We should go through over the two legs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Johner wrote: »

https://twitter.com/PSG_English/status/566639953233199104

Poetic justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

TimRiggins wrote: »

Looks like PSG picked up a few injuries too

On our player of the season

1. Hazard
    2. Cesc
    3. Costa
    4. Matic

TimRiggins wrote: »

They wish they could park the bus. :rolleyes: :pac:

the_monkey wrote: »
    Mikel for me ... by far..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no_elVGGgW8

The final few seconds..

Salah scored for Fiorentina tonight, and Piazon scored the only goal in Frankfurt's win over Schalke. Huzzah!

We should keep oscar . I wouldnt b happy if he was sold tbh

We should keep oscar . I wouldnt b happy if he was sold tbh

He blows hot and cold. When he's good he fantastic but when he's poor he's non-existent. Still young though, needs to be given time.

I fhink Oscar is a good player but his consistency does need to improve. Hazard has improved his levels from last year and hes on and upwards curve, oscar needs to do the same.

• Advertisement

Ya oscar is still young I would give him another season to see if he can find his form

Ya oscar is still young I would give him another season to see if he can find his form

Or flog him for Pogba :pac:

PSG are unbeaten in 32 home games in European competition, going back to 06/07.

PSG are unbeaten in 32 home games in European competition, going back to 06/07.

That will all change on tuesday night :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Its a difficult one for me. He needs to be surrounded by the likes of Hazzard et al to improve his game.
    A time investment is needed in the player to reap dividends in the long run. However, Chelsea, among other top (wealthy) clubs typically don't invest time considering they can usually just purchase the finished article for that position. Any position. On the other hand, when a key player is developed and ready for the big stage, he becomes valuable and saleable. Big clubs are ruthless to this effect.
    So, at the risk of freeing up a position for a "better" player, I would sell if the money was right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,824 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Can't see Oscar going anywhere to be honest.
    Be daft to sell him unless the price was obscene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Panthro wrote: »
    Can't see Oscar going anywhere to be honest.
    Be daft to sell him unless the price was obscene.

Agreed, I know we're all about turning a profit but having the 4 top quality players for those roles is key, would have to be £30+ I would imagine?

Agreed, I know we're all about turning a profit but having the 4 top quality players for those roles is key, would have to be £30+ I would imagine?

Think I read that juventus want him for 22million. Wouldnt let him go for any where near that amount. Id rather hold onto him anyway

• Advertisement

Oscar would only leave if Chelsea were to sign Pogba.
    In the event of that singing happening, it would probably mean that Fabregas is pushed into CAM, unless they go playing 4-3-3, in which case that doesn't leave room for Oscar, who isn't much of a winger either, and Fab, Matic and Pogba will have to play almost every game in order to be kept happy.

Whether or not the club signs Pogba is one thing, but i'd be expecting Oscar to be sold if he was, in order to balance everything out.
    Oscar doesn't have the pace or the beating of a man to be a winger to the level that they require.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement