Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015/16

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Abramovich is apparently set to decimate his finances before handing the reins over to his 21-year-old son.

I don't have a source for this or anything, I just read it somewhere and I've forgotten where now. Also, I thought this thread could do with a post today and I really wanted to use the word "decimate" with its original meaning - to reduce by one tenth. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Abramovich is apparently set to decimate his finances before handing the reins over to his 21-year-old son.

I don't have a source for this or anything, I just read it somewhere and I've forgotten where now. Also, I thought this thread could do with a post today and I really wanted to use the word "decimate" with its original meaning - to reduce by one tenth. :)

So his 21 year old son will be running cfc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I've read that too somewhere. It wasn't in the immediate future AFAIK. He is being groomed for the role already supposedly. It's well down the line though, when he decides to retire he'll pass it onto his son. He won't do it until we have a new stadium paid off fully and we're turning a decent profit. Probably 15 years down the line at least.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd imagine Marina Granovskaia will still be running the show, tbh, and Roman will have an influential oversight role.

Actually, Lukker-'s probably closer with his analysis...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Roman and his name sakes are here for at least another 2 decades id imagine.

Unless he has a massive collapse in his portfolios and investments he'll be ok not to sell Chelsea in the medium term.

I'd assume he wants Chelsea to be his legacy. After we have a new stadium we'll be in an excellent position financially. By the time he does pass it on we should be turning a good profit and won't require any outside investment which was always the aim in the long run. We aren't far off it at the minute and that is without the stadium and it's increased revenues. We also have been increasing our commercial revenues substantially over the last few years and the and the new mega Yokohama and Adidas deals are just the tip of the iceberg IMO. There is loads of room for expansion, especially in the Asian market where we've really caught up with United and are even more popular in lucrative markets such as Japan and Korea.

His son is already a passionate fan and if he has even half the passion his father has we will be in safe hands. I'd expect to be in their hands for 30-40 years if not longer. A man like Abramovich doesn't build a cathedral to football and then up and leave 10 years later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I liked that stadium proposal from the get go but having had time to think about it I think it's going to be one of if not the mast impressive stadiums in the world!
    I hope it goes ahead exactly as planned, I've had my ups and downs with Roman but there's no denying the continual gift giving he has given us fans over the last decade and if he does give us this cathedral and deliver us to sustainability on a permanent basis then I suppose he can go where he wants.
    It's difficult to imagine after all he's given us and going to give that he's looking to step down tho.

• Advertisement

an Abramovich will run chelsea for decades, unless someone comes in and offers him insane money, in the current climate, with all thats happening we're probably worth about a billion quid, theres no doubt if roman did sell up before an expansion is put forward he'd make back the money hes spent over the last 12 years.

Hes transformed Chelsea and the best thing about it is, its pi**ed off nearly everyone along the way, we're forever hearing that hes going to feck off and leave us crippled.

What gets to people is Roman says nothing in public and the media have no way of knowing what hes thinking, bar making up complete BS and because hes been quiet for 12 years, anything that is reported in the press is utter bo**ocks and guess work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

are the team back in training today?

peteeeed wrote: »
    are the team back in training today?

I think so. We're off to North America next week, where we'll meet up with Falcao.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I think so. We're off to North America next week, where we'll meet up with Falcao.

Yay! \0/

we are ? nice one, thought i was going on holidays with the girlfriend but this sounds better

peteeeed wrote: »
    we are ? nice one, thought i was going on holidays with the girlfriend but this sounds better

I was slightly off, we've a friendly next monday against a non league side and it will feature generally academy players and fringe players at best I'd assume.

Our first game in America is the 22nd July so we'll probably head to the Us on and around the 18th or 19th I'd guess.

Jul 13: Kingstonian v Chelsea XI
    Jul 22: New York Red Bulls

Jul 25: Paris Saint-Germain
    Jul 28: Barcelona
    Aug 2: Arsenal - Community Shield
    Aug 5: Fiorentina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So looks like Josh off to the Bee's never seemed to push on which is a shame, still would expect him to have a good career. As I have a huge soft spot for Brentford really hope he does well.

I wonder will we see Salah sold to Inter soon? REports surfaced that they had a bid of about €20m accepted recently, would again show a good profit on a guy on the fringes of the squad.

Latest rumour is Begovic to be signed and Stoke to get there pick of loan players, apparently Bamford is who they are after.

If true, that could be a good move, an EPL loan, if he does well, will stand to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Latest rumour is Begovic to be signed and Stoke to get there pick of loan players, apparently Bamford is who they are after.

If true, that could be a good move, an EPL loan, if he does well, will stand to him.

Bamford at stoke could be interesting, playing a better brand of football now but he may find it tough to get games there...

hots wrote: »
    Bamford at stoke could be interesting, playing a better brand of football now but he may find it tough to get games there...

Well he'd certainly fancy his chances I'd imagine.

Was hoping theyed take Moses but he'll be afrmed out again or sold for a loss at this rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Well he'd certainly fancy his chances I'd imagine.

Was hoping theyed take Moses but he'll be afrmed out again or sold for a loss at this rate.

Moses actually was a decent player for us imo well he was alrite. If he was willing to sit on the bench for 75% of the season then I'd nearly keep onto him tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Moses actually was a decent player for us imo well he was alrite. If he was willing to sit on the bench for 75% of the season then I'd nearly keep onto him tbh

And he's Hg

Barca agree fee for turan according to sky

That barća transfer embargo is a piss take.

kev1.3s wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

can't play til January so it makes no difference really

says a lot about Turan though that he's willing to give up 6 months of his career

says a lot about Turan though that he's willing to give up 6 months of his career

Well in my opinion if you are banned from the market it should be exactly that. UEFA really are a gutless organisation, it's easy punish the small guy.

Rob beasley said we're not in for nor have we ever made an approach for Turan or Griezmann or Pogba.

Hes also said that the entire coaching staff , all Joses alloes, including Jose himself, have signed on until 2019. Jose has aapprently shunned a pay rise, which is nice of him, considering hes on give or take 170k with us and took a paycut to join originally , its the signing of the summer I feel.

Beasley speaks a lot of sh*te but hes got his ear to the ground with Jose.

Romeu has put up a video of himself at Cobham earlier. Looks like hes back....for now.

• Advertisement

So we may be off to Wembley whilst the Bridge is being developed

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/7/7/8904765/chelsea-wembley-temporary-relocation-plans

Better option overall for me than soulless Twickers, that being said not been to the new Wembley but always liked the old one.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2015/7/7/8904765/chelsea-wembley-temporary-relocation-plans

Better option overall for me than soulless Twickers, that being said not been to the new Wembley but always liked the old one.

It seems by and large UEFA do whatever they can to keep Barca top of the pile, all the more pleasing when we beat them though the performance of the Norwegian ref to win the CL semi for Barca still hurts. That and the RvP dismissal for "kicking the ball away" nano seconds after the whistle sounding says it all about them and how they are "helped" at every junction.

Despicable club

rottie 11 wrote: »

Ugh no thanks, regressed terribly, aside from developing HG talent I'd say some of our youth guys would challenge him for ability already. Not a fan and any money we get for him is good news!

I was assuming he'd be loaned back/away for that time? Similar to the Pogba rumours of a deal being done now and then joining next summer? Stupid for Turan to give away 6 months at his age if he does.

I think I'd prefer Twickenham tbh, I can put up with soulless for a couple of seasons and with my Chelsea hat off I kind of think Wembley should be kept a bit special imo.

The idea of a big day out at Wembley for a final is a bit ruined if someone is playing their home games there.

The FA can do with the money that Chelsea would be putting up for every home game for 2 or 3 seasons.

I agree that it should be only for special occasions but that went out the window when the FA started milking the cash cow with FA cup semi finals being held at Wembley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Romeu has put up a video of himself at Cobham earlier. Looks like hes back....for now.

you got a link for that Gav? cant find it

you got a link for that Gav? cant find it

Its on his twitter page.

Think its @OriolRomeu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Its on his twitter page.

Think its @OriolRomeu

yeah looked there, cant see it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33410727

Josh Mac out for £750,000. Can't see him ever making the big time but would love to see him do well and bring them back to the prem. Whilst he showed potential I don't think he ever really had the same impressiveness about him as other, more talented 18/19 yos. Fingers crossed he does well and becomes a low/mid prem player.

Good to see, if he's hungry enough he could push Mikel for a spot imo. With Mikel tipping on a bit and carrying a bigger salary (75k vs 15k apparently) there's room to impress imo.

I suppose it depends on what Jose wants, Romeu was a good recycler of possesion in CDM during his time but hes slow as f**k. Hes also pretty tiny, now Makelele was pretty similar in stature but thats where the comparison ends.

I suppose if MVG goes on loan, it might give us a different option from deep next to Matic or Mikel and push Cesc further upfield, it remains to be seen anyway but I'd be surprised if he was still around the squad when it comes time to register players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I suppose it depends on what Jose wants, Romeu was a good recycler of possesion in CDM during his time but hes slow as f**k. Hes also pretty tiny, now Makelele was pretty similar in stature but thats where the comparison ends.

Isn't Romeu about 6ft? :p

I think he'll be sold anyway.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Isn't Romeu about 6ft? :p

I think he'll be sold anyway.

Is he? :o

I'd have guessed, 5'9 max :pac:

Ya, I cant see him taking up a valuable non-HG slot at all.

I'd prefer to have RLC get game time over him anyway and worse case scenario, throw in Zouma.

Edit: He apparently is 6'0. Weird, I've seen him live twice and he looked much smaller next to guys like Luiz and JT :o

Is he? :o

I'd have guessed, 5'9 max :pac:

Ya, I cant see him taking up a valuable non-HG slot at all.

I'd prefer to have RLC get game time over him anyway and worse case scenario, throw in Zouma.

Edit: He apparently is 6'0. Weird, I've seen him live twice and he looked much smaller next to guys like Luiz and JT :o

Yeah it'll be between him and MVG probably (both over 21 now), can't see us carrying both, if either. He could do a job away against tougher teams I think, better ball retention than Mikel and physically can't be too far off. Seemed to be well liked at Frankfurt for the first half of last season too, until they bought in Die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I thought Mikel was on his way to the middle east (please say it's true)

Al Ayin, I'd wager that was bs. Whatever you think of Mikel he's far too good to be playing there.

Personally I don't mind keeping him on as a squaddie but I think I prefer Zouma's raw physicality. But long term I think playing CDM will hinder his progress as a CB.

Romeu is someone I haven't rated for 4 years. Too error prone. Baffles me how he got a new contract.

duploelabs wrote: »
    I thought Mikel was on his way to the middle east (please say it's true)

Thought I saw Turkey myself, he's been a good servant and as always ya have to value a player that will play from the bench... but I will be delighted to never see his name on a starting XI again!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement