Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WFH and farming

• 16-01-2021 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭

Lads, for anyone who can do it isn't the work from home and farming great? No more racing around from work to the farm and back again to check stock. A blessing during lambing/calving. And I see it's being brought into law now that your employer has to allow you do it if possible. Add to that the travel ban! Has certainly changed my life....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

arctictree wrote: »
    Lads, for anyone who can do it isn't the work from home and farming great? No more racing around from work to the farm and back again to check stock. A blessing during lambing/calving. And I see it's being brought into law now that your employer has to allow you do it if possible. Add to that the travel ban! Has certainly changed my life....
    The only change in the law is that there has to be a procedure in place to allow you to request wfh, it will be up to your employer to decide if you get it or not, you don't have a legal right to wfh, it wont be difficult for employers to come up it a reason not to allow you if that's what they want to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

arctictree wrote: »

As a vet I find it great too that lads are around to see stock and get calls done during the day rather than a rush of calls at 5.30 when it probably needed seen the day before! Hopefully a good few can manage to WFH/ keep flexible hours long term

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ml100

As a vet I find it great too that lads are around to see stock and get calls done during the day rather than a rush of calls at 5.30 when it probably needed seen the day before! Hopefully a good few can manage to WFH/ keep flexible hours long term

Calls during the day is not lads wfh its flexible hours at best ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

ml100 wrote: »
    Calls during the day is not lads wfh its flexible hours at best ;-)

Yea but they are at home so see them in the first place and don’t care when we come where as before they wouldn’t see them till half 5 but would want the call done ASAP

Advertisement