Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I install smart thermostat to current setup - photos attached

Options
  • 14-01-2021 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi all, I would love if someone can help me understand if my current heating/boiler setup is compatible with a smart thermostats (Hive, Nest, Netatmo etc) and if so how I could install myself. My preference is for the Netatmo one if possible.

I attach details and photos on current setup. Hopefully this helps answer my question.

Summary of setup (see attachment):
    BoilerHouse: Grant Slimline Boiler, IMIT Thermostat, Riello Burner, Grundfos Pump.
    IMM24 Immersion Timer in living room with a connected 'box' (not sure what it is) between this and the boiler setup outside
    Separate dual immersion and tank in hot press for water.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

egg102530 wrote: »
    Hi all, I would love if someone can help me understand if my current heating/boiler setup is compatible with a smart thermostats (Hive, Nest, Netatmo etc) and if so how I could install myself. My preference is for the Netatmo one if possible.

I attach details and photos on current setup. Hopefully this helps answer my question.

Summary of setup (see attachment):
    BoilerHouse: Grant Slimline Boiler, IMIT Thermostat, Riello Burner, Grundfos Pump.
    IMM24 Immersion Timer in living room with a connected 'box' (not sure what it is) between this and the boiler setup outside
    Separate dual immersion and tank in hot press for water.

This short answer is yes this is possible with your set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The easy install: just replace the wall clock with a NEST etc.
    Your immersion is a different story.

I’m assuming the time clock dies the boiler and not immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hive would work fine with that system. As you don't have zones, they can wire a contractor to zone 2, so it will control the immersion for heating water in summer etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 egg102530

Hive would work fine with that system. As you don't have zones, they can wire a contractor to zone 2, so it will control the immersion for heating water in summer etc...

Great and thanks for your reply! Would you mind explaining that 2nd part a little, i.e. how they can integrate the immersion in the hot press into the hive. I guess that’s a bit more of a job ?

Advertisement