Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

School trip cancelled

Options
  • 13-03-2020 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My sister was due to go to London with her TY class. Full amount of 700 has been paid.

School have now cancelled the trip (understandably) but are telling parents they may only be able to get them 200e back, and that is not a guarantee.

USIT travel are the middle man here.

Any ideas on any avenues parents could take to get the whole 700 back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

None I'd say.

If the flights were cancelled, you'd get a refund.
    If the govt was warning against non-essential travel to the UK, travel insurance might payout.

Otherwise you're probably out of luck. I believe there are a load of schools in a similar position.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,291 ✭✭✭✭ted1

caipin wrote: »
    My sister was due to go to London with her TY class. Full amount of 700 has been paid.

School have now cancelled the trip (understandably) but are telling parents they may only be able to get them 200e back, and that is not a guarantee.

USIT travel are the middle man here.

Any ideas on any avenues parents could take to get the whole 700 back?

Did the parents take out travel insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭robie5

European consumers agency in Dublin has something on this. Was on radio the other morning

Advertisement