Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No quitten we're whelan on to chitchat 11

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I watched that too. He said he was born and raised on a farm. Maybe that's something to do with it.

It was quite interesting
    Maybe worth a trip in a few years time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Eldest girl got a birdhouse for her 18th made by one of her friends.

We stuck it up in the garden in December and great excitement this morning as there are a pair of great tits exploring it.

Yes it’s lockdown and this is what passes for excitement here these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,124 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Police in India take offence with a Ford tractor.

https://twitter.com/PreetKGillMP/status/1354082517142405128?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

Police in India take offence with a Ford tractor.

https://twitter.com/PreetKGillMP/status/1354082517142405128?s=20

I gave one a serious hiding one day

Sacrolyte wrote: »
    I gave one a serious hiding one day

Tis probably the same tractor! :p

Different world over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

What’s the story with the new TB testing arrangements? If you are low risk do you have to have a pre movement test if your six months after your last test.
    Or is that just for high risk. I was lazy and didn’t read the full detail. It was a bit wishy washy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭straight

Indian farmers are on strike. They have Delhi surrounded for a good while now and the government are losing patience with them. They're protesting government legislation which they believe will drive them out of business to be replaced by larger more industrial farming. Sounds familiar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

straight wrote: »
    Indian farmers are on strike. They have Delhi surrounded for a good while now and the government are losing patience with them. They're protesting government legislation which they believe will drive them out of business to be replaced by larger more industrial farming. Sounds familiar.

Fair fcks to them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

NcdJd wrote: »
    Fair fcks to them so.

Right lads.......off to dublin again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭straight

Reggie. wrote: »
    Right lads.......off to dublin again

Contact your buddy with the valtra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Jb1989

And the one with the fastrac.

I'm not that stuck

A ghost before bedtime.

Off to buy the farmers journal.. (to qualify for forum).

https://twitter.com/kfurlong45/status/1353116949337804800?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

One of the kids bought me a breville hot cup kettle for Christmas. Brilliant job. Boils enough for a cup of tea in 90 seconds. Handy for first thing in the morning. Oh would boil a whole kettle to make one cup of tea. Costs around 30 euro.

I could never just make one cup of tea.

I have to boil the kettle. Put in the tea pot with three teabags. Bring to the boil on the hob and then I'll get my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

I have to boil the kettle. Put in the tea pot with three teabags. Bring to the boil on the hob and then I'll get my cup of tea.

I envy youre time management skills to be able to make tea in a pot. Last time i had tea from a pot was in September visiting an elderly neighbour.

Better living everyone

I envy youre time management skills to be able to make tea in a pot. Last time i had tea from a pot was in September visiting an elderly neighbour.

Dunking a tea bag in a mug tastes different.
    Even the fecking tea bags lately are bursting in the tea pot. It's like the teabag makers are conspiring against tea being made in the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Grueller

Even the fecking tea bags lately are bursting in the tea pot. It's like the teabag makers are conspiring against tea being made in the pot.

Tea bags? Yuck. Proper leaf tea only here

Grueller wrote: »
    Tea bags? Yuck. Proper leaf tea only here

What antiquated shop in Gorey do you get that in?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Always pot of tea here, delph pot at that.
    Only use the loose tea when we’re feeling fancy.

Coffee made in a pot too, from freshly ground beams.

• Advertisement

Would only use Barrys here when using Teabags, sometimes three most times two in a travel mug and give it ten minutes up the road before facing into it to get a good draw on it, not much milk a bit of honey. Might put the honey in the mug tonight to speed up the process in the morning.
    Only really went back drinking tea last november, gave up drinking coffee as i was drinking too much prior to that and swapped it out for tea instead.

Better living everyone

What antiquated shop in Gorey do you get that in?

Pettits suprvalu. Also available in Tesco and Stephen Doyle's on the main street.
    Leaves into the pot, water in and stew her on the range for a good 10 minutes. Fill the potholes with the leftovers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,143 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Plastic was used on the sealing sides of teabags. They're moving away from this so might explain the bags not holding.

Water John wrote: »
    Plastic was used on the sealing sides of teabags. They're moving away from this so might explain the bags not holding.

Just goes to show how prevalent microplastics are in everyday things

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Grueller wrote: »
    Pettits suprvalu. Also available in Tesco and Stephen Doyle's on the main street.
    Leaves into the pot, water in and stew her on the range for a good 10 minutes. Fill the potholes with the leftovers

Would you not scald the pot first?

The Rabbi wrote: »

God I surely would

The Rabbi wrote: »

Mortal sin not to sure

Checked the fridge, no milk, no tea for the morning so. Joys of living the rural bachelor life in only buying a pint of milk at a time and stretching it for ten days. Should this be on the rooter thread? Always described myself as far from ordinary but never a rooter.

Better living everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Checked the fridge, no milk, no tea for the morning so. Joys of living the rural bachelor life in only buying a pint of milk at a time and stretching it for ten days. Should this be on the rooter thread? Always described myself as far from ordinary but never a rooter.

That's some going. Myself and oulfella go through about 10 pints of milk a week minimum. Between tea, coffee , bowls of cornflakes and the oldest dog getting a drop in the morning after her breakfast.. Although I'm probably the biggest culprit due to the amount of coffee I put away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Can't keep food in our house at the moment. With kids at home. Daughter having soup now at half ten after having a big tea earlier. Milk and bread gone as soon as you open them. I suppose it would be worse if they ate nothing.

Advertisement