Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Denny Meat Free Sausages, how healthy are they?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭65535

As for the Original Question: Denny Meat Free Sausages, how healthy are they?

I think they are fabulous, mix with vegan gravy and there is little to no difference to 'ordinary' sausages.

As for 'how healthy they are' - Any food eaten in moderation is OK but if too often then you are on a 'mono diet'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

About to cook these for by breakfast. Onions, mushrooms and rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

65535 wrote: »
    As for the Original Question: Denny Meat Free Sausages, how healthy are they?

I think they are fabulous, mix with vegan gravy and there is little to no difference to 'ordinary' sausages.

As for 'how healthy they are' - Any food eaten in moderation is OK but if too often then you are on a 'mono diet'

Where do you get the vegan gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thanks for all the posts on here.

Had some yesterday for breakfast and they are indeed the most sausage like I've had. Bit more spice in there than I'm used to in a sausage, which is understandable given their provenance.

Texture was all important though, and it has that.

Making a jambalaya today and the rest will be going into that. They strike me as a great sausage to soak up flavour. So we'll see how that goes

Anyway, thanks again.

Yeah was thinking they be nice in a sausage casserole with apple and cider and a big plate of mash! Might make that for dins today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

If I'm adding vegan sausages to things I cook them separately and add them in at the end. They don't really do too well stewing and tend to turn to mush.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bigbooty wrote: »
    If I'm adding vegan sausages to things I cook them separately and add them in at the end. They don't really do too well stewing and tend to turn to mush.

Exactly how they were put in. They were air fried first.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭silent_spark

anewme wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking they be nice in a sausage casserole with apple and cider and a big plate of mash! Might make that for dins today

That sounds really, really good! Just googled a few recipes, do you have one you use? Planning to experiment next weekend.

That sounds really, really good! Just googled a few recipes, do you have one you use? Planning to experiment next weekend.

Will dig it out and post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

anewme wrote: »
    Where do you get the vegan gravy.

Gravy can be a tough one to figure as most of them label it vegetarian but they can be suitable for vegans.

I use this one

https://veganic.ie/product/organic-gravy-powder-marigold/

• Advertisement

Bisto’s granules ingredients are vegan.

I medium slice an onion and fry it off for a bit and then add in some bistro gravy (already mixed per instructions in a jug) and let it thicken to my preference.

I’m not sure if all the Bisto granules are vegan but defo the original and possibly the beef one. So that would leave the chicken one I’m not sure about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The Lidl and Aldi granules are vegan. I think the chicken one has animal stock but the others are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Just had these this morning for the first time, on the recommendation of this thread. I usually buy Quorn. OMG they're amazing.

Likewise. Picked them up based on the recommendations and even my carniverous other half agreed that they are very good indeed.

Advertisement