Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Team Emerson suffered that honour. Down 40 points with one player having played. Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Heck of an opening night alright! Hopefully I don't regret benching Gilleslie by the end of the gameweek!

Don't forget to update your team names and logos too :) 'Team Emerson' etc don't really scream Fantasy Football haha! I've got a muthf*ckin ferret smoking a bubble pipe and rocking a monocle haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

Can't believe I missed Janakowski as my kicker! I was so worried about obj and zeke I forgot all about him! my bad! might eek out a win but it would have been so much easier with a playing kicker!

Can't believe I missed Janakowski as my kicker! I was so worried about obj and zeke I forgot all about him! my bad! might eek out a win but it would have been so much easier with a playing kicker!

Kickers are people too, jeez :)

Loving my Kenny Golladay late flyer right now! I'll just have to start him next time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hoping for a strong showing from Hunter Henry and AP.

I'm not overly confident, let's put it that way. Texans D, man. Not good.

• Advertisement

No kicker, no problem! pulled that one out of my ass!

Hey Gerry, when do waivers clear in this league?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Hey Gerry, when do waivers clear in this league?

Wednesday, but can't find the time setting weirdly enough :/ will have a look later and try figure it out!

gerryfed wrote: »
    Wednesday, but can't find the time setting weirdly enough :/ will have a look later and try figure it out!

No hassle - sometime in the morning I imagine. I'll get me claims in tonight so :cool:

No hassle - sometime in the morning I imagine. I'll get me claims in tonight so :cool:

It's probably afternoon, but yeah definitely do it tonight! That's what I'll be doing :)

• Advertisement

Looks like Waivers went through tismorning anyways! The hot names like Cohen and K.Williams got snapped up... along with QB1 Alex Smith :)

Yeah plenty of activity!

Our league is obviously a bit shallower on the wire - the prime WR waiver targets were already sitting on squads.

Yeah plenty of activity!

Our league is obviously a bit shallower on the wire - the prime WR waiver targets were already sitting on squads.

There's still guys out there that should be on rosters. But hopefully this encourages people to try trade etc. My door is always open :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 P Sheriff Manning 18

Unrelated matter to our league but wanted opinions....

Player A offers gilly and garcon to player B for Gordon and Pryor. Player B accidentally accepts and admits this to a whatsapp group the other league members are in and everyone has seen. A says ok they'll give them back and does. Same day player A offers thielen and gilly for mccaff and Evans and player C accidentally accepts. Does A give them back or does C get punished for being that stupid when there are two clearly designated buttons in different colours with the two options clearly labelled. This is a 12 man €10 money league.

How many idiots are in this league! as it was the same day I would do a mulligan on all of it but say from now on no complaining... precedent was set with the first do over and the second trade does seem very lopsided so it makes sense it was a mistake but put the foot down from now on.

Player A offers gilly and garcon to player B for Gordon and Pryor. Player B accidentally accepts and admits this to a whatsapp group the other league members are in and everyone has seen. A says ok they'll give them back and does. Same day player A offers thielen and gilly for mccaff and Evans and player C accidentally accepts. Does A give them back or does C get punished for being that stupid when there are two clearly designated buttons in different colours with the two options clearly labelled. This is a 12 man €10 money league.

Uugghhh woof!

Player A is clearly a d*ck! I would reverse it and then draw a firm line under it.... any more accidental accepts, tough sh*t for everyone. I have a mate who does that, but will offer you a kicker for Julio Jones... drives me nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

I am less tolerable about accidentally accepting trades. I believe that most accidentally accepted trades are regret of accepting in the first place and not an accident. They accept it and then have second thoughts and then play the oh I hit the wrong button. Don't buy it to be honest 2 different buttons.

The first was accepted as a genuine mistake, but second time, when it's already happened literally that day you would think extra care would be taken. Also the fact it's a money league and every thing you do have consequences to your entire league extra extra care should have been taken. On the first occurrence other players called for it to be taken back as it put A's team into an elite tier of its own and they wanted it done "for the good of the league". Meaning now no one stood a chance against A. Same can be said for the second trade but it's not like no one else can offer trades in the hope of a mis click.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

Should it not be for the league admin/admins to rule on? Use a trade calculator to see if it's In any way fair and if not reverse trade?

don't think it matters if the trade was fair or not (long as nepotism isn't involved) the question is was it an accident.... when did the two owners say they made a mistake if it was instantly then I would have said fair enough... if it was several hours later then it seems fishy.

• Advertisement

don't think it matters if the trade was fair or not (long as nepotism isn't involved) the question is was it an accident.... when did the two owners say they made a mistake if it was instantly then I would have said fair enough... if it was several hours later then it seems fishy.

Agree with this. If it was instantaneous that you found out it was an accident, I'd believe it. But if it was a few hours... then no. I think they look like clearly unbalanced trades, so I would believe it was an accident. But its hard to know without knowing the people, the league etc

There's no collusion between teams to make one team better, just a guy selling 2 players really high. One was about 3/4 hours after the other. Nothing instantaneous about it. Looks to be guys not paying attention and the second one pays for the first ones mistake

There's no collusion between teams to make one team better, just a guy selling 2 players really high. One was about 3/4 hours after the other. Nothing instantaneous about it. Looks to be guys not paying attention and the second one pays for the first ones mistake

I mean:

2:05 - Uneven trade accepted
    2:06 - Guy on receiving end goes nuts and pleads it was an accident

Then it's believable. But if it was accepted and then 4 hours later he comes back, then I'd believe he done the deal knowingly, got a load of abuse/new input, pleads it was a mistake to try undo it....

I mean:

2:05 - Uneven trade accepted
    2:06 - Guy on receiving end goes nuts and pleads it was an accident

Then it's believable. But if it was accepted and then 4 hours later he comes back, then I'd believe he done the deal knowingly, got a load of abuse/new input, pleads it was a mistake to try undo it....

Ah my apologies, there was an hour gap which neither confirms nor rules out either option. If it's option A in which he regrets the trade after abuse then not a chance would they be reversed. If it's B in which he didn't take enough care I still don't feel it should be reversed as an identical situation happened 3 hours earlier. You're too lazy/stupid to take the half second to read what each button says and just because the first was reversed you feel it doesn't matter if you accept as it'll be reversed anyway

who would have thought jason witten would put up 20 points, 2 weeks in a row! thought I had that one in the bag but alas!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Sorry not sorry! :D

I'm just pleased I went with my gut and didn't freak out after losses in both my leagues 1st matchups this year. Temptation to gut my team was there, but no. play the long game. And savour possibly my only win this season. :pac::pac:

Two weeks in the bag ladies and gents!

Fairview Ferrets (myself) leading the East at 2-0 while Amo Biscuits (Ben) leading the West, also at 2-0!

Seen some trades getting thrown around too, love it! I'm open to deals :)

Ger I have been banging my head against the table trying to come up with a trade but everything is going tits up! thought I had something with pryor (on a buy low) before I realised I had crowder.... already over extended in another league with vikes players and being a little smarter in this one....
    I am sure something will work out!
    Two weeks in the bag ladies and gents!

Fairview Ferrets (myself) leading the East at 2-0 while Amo Biscuits (Ben) leading the West, also at 2-0!

Seen some trades getting thrown around too, love it! I'm open to deals :)

Ger I have been banging my head against the table trying to come up with a trade but everything is going tits up! thought I had something with pryor (on a buy low) before I realised I had crowder.... already over extended in another league with vikes players and being a little smarter in this one....
    I am sure something will work out!

Haha I drafted Pryor pretty high, plus I'm a Redskins fan ;) so wouldn't sell low unfortunately.

And if I'm going to take a lesser WR, i'd need an upgrade elsewhere amigo! But sure keep throwing out ideas...

• Advertisement

I was wondering why you were so high on him! I think he has potential but my jesus washington look dirt this year!
    Haha I drafted Pryor pretty high, plus I'm a Redskins fan ;) so wouldn't sell low unfortunately.

And if I'm going to take a lesser WR, i'd need an upgrade elsewhere amigo! But sure keep throwing out ideas...

Advertisement