Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breeding Ewes

• 29-07-2015 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what 2nd or 3rd crop ewes making?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

DJ98 wrote: »
    Anyone know what 2nd or 3rd crop ewes making?

Are u buying or selling?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭DJ98

sea12 wrote: »
    Are u buying or selling?

Buying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭orm0nd

see a nice bunch of 1st crop on dd asking €155

I bought 48 of a guy that was selling out for €125 , very mixed bunch everything from suckled hoggets to full mouth & a couple with a pension :rolleyes:, went through them yesterday & all of will be going to the ram

all good lengthy sheep with sound feet & udders

ps

there will be a nice flock of belclare ewes @ tullow mart on 11th aug, nice genuine sheep, know the guy that's selling them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭DJ98

orm0nd wrote: »
    ps

there will be a nice flock of belclare ewes @ tullow mart on 11th aug, nice genuine sheep, know the guy that's selling them

What ages are they do you know?

DJ98 wrote: »
    What ages are they do you know?

2 , 3 & 4 year old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭hedgecutting eddie

orm0nd wrote: »
    see a nice bunch of 1st crop on dd asking €155

I bought 48 of a guy that was selling out for €125 , very mixed bunch everything from suckled hoggets to full mouth & a couple with a pension :rolleyes:, went through them yesterday & all of will be going to the ram

all good lengthy sheep with sound feet & udders

ps

Belclare x or pure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Anyone see any nice quality Hoggets sold yet this year..? ..I have a feeling they will be relatively dear...just a 'hunch' mind....saw some nice brocket ewe lambs make over 110 in Dowra last Sat and they were less than 35kg....
    Generally if ewe lamb trade is good it leaves Hoggets dear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭jd06

Anyone see any nice quality Hoggets sold yet this year..? ..I have a feeling they will be relatively dear...just a 'hunch' mind....saw some nice brocket ewe lambs make over 110 in Dowra last Sat and they were less than 35kg....
    Generally if ewe lamb trade is good it leaves Hoggets dear too.

No didnt see any yet but tullow and borris will be on 12th and 13th of this month
    I think they will be dear too ,hopefully I have a few to go.
    Actually tullow was on today
    hoggett top s made 235
    The lambs I saw made up to 150
    I was only there a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 397 ✭✭AnFeirmeoir

The few hoggets for sale in montbellew last saturday made €175 average

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

I seen Suffolk x cheviot EWE LAMBS making €180 in the ifj crazy money i think

• Advertisement

I see 1 of our pedigree breeders on here has made a nice purchase this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭Willfarman

Tullow and the breeder sales in general don't give any resemblance of the real trade. The few big prices for the camera are in house jobs and only 3 or 4 lots.. Had v good suffolk hoggets in Carnew yesterday and struggled to get 180. Had bring more home. Just no buyers there.

Advertisement