Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what makes a guy hot?

• 19-03-2005 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

this is in relation to 'lateasever' s thread. what makes a guy hot? tell it here. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

fair play lol.

well if it's big boobs and a nice ass for girls, is it a big ding-dong and a cute ass for guys? or is it all in the eyes?

charisma?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Eyes, eyes...oh please be eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

fair play lol.

well if it's big boobs and a nice ass for girls, is it a big ding-dong and a cute ass for guys? or is it all in the eyes?

charisma?

HEY! Why can't it be big boobs for guys aswell? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭AlienGav

nevernev wrote:
    Eyes, eyes...oh please be eyes!

I'll never understand girls!!! :D

Would u rather a guy have nice eyes, than... say a six-pack? Or... an iron like bum? lol :cool:

i don't know karl, everyone knows girls' brains are just crazy.

• Advertisement

Between Karl and Kevin and AlienGav....
    Any women going to post?

And i am assuming AlienGav is a guy, although it could be one of those X-Files chicks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

heres a nice 5page thread i made a while ago on the topic,read up boyo.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=180853&page=1&pp=20

how did u know i wasn't a girl. ok. i won't reply again until is stops being a sausage fest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

for me a six pack just makes me weak at the knees. a killer smile, gorgeous eyes. i saw the hottest guy at a rugby match the other day. tall, dark hair, deep red lips, clear blue eyes, tanned and im sure there was a six pack underneath it all!

for me a six pack just makes me weak at the knees. a killer smile, gorgeous eyes. i saw the hottest guy at a rugby match the other day. tall, dark hair, deep red lips, clear blue eyes, tanned and im sure there was a six pack underneath it all!

I thought women were supposed to be deeper than that! So it was all looks then.
    Does reading books and playing video games not make your knees go weak also?

• Advertisement

no personality is way more important than looks. i was just describing a hot guy i saw. a guy has to be easy to talk to and have a good personality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

In the end you can not help who you fall in love with but if I had a wish list of purely physical things:
    • Nice eyes
    • Nice a$$
    • deep husky voice
    • tall (min 5ft 11in)
    • bit of chest hair but not a gorilla
    • dark or red hair
    • wearing a nice leather jacket

CathyMoran wrote:
      red hair
    red??!?!?

Yes, one of the sexiest guys that I ever dated was a red head...

CathyMoran wrote:
    In the end you can not help who you fall in love with but if I had a wish list of purely physical things:
    • Nice eyes
    • Nice a$$
    • deep husky voice
    • tall (min 5ft 11in)
    • bit of chest hair but not a gorilla
    • dark or red hair
    • wearing a nice leather jacket

Well, if you're not too hung up on the hair, I'd say you want me. :D

which is more important looks or personality?

I'd say personallity

Personality wins hands down. I do think that you can tell a lot about the person by the eyes so that still stands - I have found that the guys that I dated that had deep husky voices had the most chemistry, but again that is not everything - an intelligent, kind and funny man is priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Physically:

Nice eyes
    Great smile
    Sexy voice
    Minor imperfections (gives character and makes a person look nicer than a hollywood magazine cut out).
    Arm muscles
    little bit of body fat to smoothen things out, defined bodies are nice, but don't like overly defined bodies.
    An ass (very important, lots of skinny guys who have no ass).

Personality:

Confidence
    Independance
    Skilled when it comes to personal space (not too hot, not too cold etc.) - able to give you the attention you want when you most desire it, but not suffocating you.
    Sense of humour(nice but not essential though, if he laughs at my jokes that's good enough :) ).
    Energy
    Not an ass :p

CathyMoran wrote:
    an intelligent, kind and funny man is priceless.

You're just crying out for me, aren't you? ;)

• Advertisement

Stark wrote:
    Not an ass :p

Nice! I thought that was a given!

Actually...

I'm amazed by the amount of women who seem to like complete asses. Where the guy treats her like dirt and she still comes back for more. Makes me sad that people can feel that crappy about themselves!

Stark wrote:
    Physically:
    Great smile
    An ass (very important, lots of skinny guys who have no ass).
    Forgot about the smile, how could I? Skinny guys do not have an a$$ I agree...best one I ever saw was Lloyd Cole in the concert last year...but black jeans can really show off a nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'd say personallity

Yead you'd be right, also gotta love long hair lol.

Rozabeez wrote:
    Long hair on the right guy though - it does not suit all guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Rozabeez wrote:
    yea personality and funky hair , my boyfriend yay :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

What about mullets?

SyxPak wrote:
    What about mullets?
    Err, no, no, nooooooo......

SyxPak wrote:
    What about mullets?
    na me no likey mullets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

A nice, long, well kept beard tbh.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    A nice, long, well kept beard tbh.
    I hate the scratching off a beard when your kissing though :(

strippers

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    I hate the scratching off a beard when your kissing though :(

The beard in question is then too short, and stubbly as a result. Beyond a certain length, facial hair becomes soft and semi-fluffy.

Sarky wrote:
    The beard in question is then too short, and stubbly as a result. Beyond a certain length, facial hair becomes soft and semi-fluffy.
    Yea it was pretty short , I hate the feel of it though .

Beard rash is really bad...used to have to ask my then bf to shave twice a day as his stubble was so bad, blonde is the least scratchy, red is the worst...

If you say so. My own red beard is a source of much attention. You'd be surprised how often complete strangers would come up to me and ask to stroke it, you really would.

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    If you say so. My own red beard is a source of much attention. You'd be surprised how often complete strangers would come up to me and ask to stroke it, you really would.
    Can i stroke it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

Style,eyes,personality,hair(:rolleyes:)
    i saw like the perfect guy in belvedere the other day,dont ask me what i was doin there,he had all of the above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Sarky wrote:

That doesnt surprise me at all. Beards, especially red ones, are great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd try to pin it down to some physical feature (ie long hair, on the right guy, I for some reason adore, and general skinniness), but I think it's more to do with the general feeling you get off a person. I think I'm more attracted to people who I think are similar in interests and attitude etc. to me, and without actually starting conversations with every random guy on the street I have to judge these things from looks alone.
    So, if someone dresses/looks/behaves in a way that suggests they're not a complete jerk, have a sense of humour and a personality for that matter, aren't an idiot and have interests or any kind of abilites, that I may possibly share, that's gonna make them hot. Along with specific things like if they're good looking, but I can't make some kind of formula saying if the ratio of distance between their eyes is proportionally equal to the distribution of length along the phalanges of their fingers, that makes a good looking guy. (and I just made up that now, most likely if a guy looked like that it'd be very diseased...)

However, in a broader sense of the question, from my own observation, I like rocker guys or nerdy guys. Both is even better. To quote Questionable Content, Music + Science = Sexy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

They should call it stubble rash not beard rash. I have to say that as I am a member of the beardy brigade. Down with facial follicle prejudice I say. :)

My girlfriend had never gone out with a beardy before and she was surprised that I didn't give her any beard rash and mine is very short. To be fair alcohol was involved in the early stages in getting to know her, soooooo. The poor woman.

Now she loves beards. She thinks it's all manly and stuff(if you clapped eyes on me your laughter could be heard from space). That said one of her friends reckons I look like a caveman(and she's an anthropologist. oh oh) and now I'm oft greeted with ugh ugh. The longish hair doesn't help. the fact that I'm scrawny luckily mitigates the macho caveman bit. The fact that the girlfriend could easily beat me up mitigates it even further.

One of the great qualities of women is they have a wide spectrum of what they find attractive. Brad Pitt could walk into a bar and at least 20% of the women there would say "ah he's alright.... but"

I have enjoyed my love life living in that 20% :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

PS. PurpleFistMixer, I have to admire anyone who puts the word phalanges into any conversation.

Respect.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

*adele* wrote:
    Style,eyes,personality,hair(:rolleyes:)
    i saw like the perfect guy in belvedere the other day,dont ask me what i was doin there,he had all of the above

i know loadsa guys in belvo! does he have a name?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭*adele*

No idea
    1st or 2nd year methinks
    he might be stalking me ive seen him so much

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

its all madness in here maybe we should all go out on a boards night and start a thread entitled "The mingers on here are..........."

Bit pointless. Pretty much everyone I met at a boards bash was almost painfully sexy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

well then i might have to start heading to those nights out.

I may have to show up just to buck the trend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Pictures will tell truth.,. or untruth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

However, in a broader sense of the question, from my own observation, I like rocker guys or nerdy guys. Both is even better. To quote Questionable Content, Music + Science = Sexy.

I'd say that applies to about 80% of guys on Boards :)

Why doesn't this thread(and the other one about women) turn into a poll with pictures and then you will see what turns both sexes on?????

• Advertisement
Advertisement