Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Store Click & Collect

Options
  • 30-03-2020 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi All ... can I bring to your attention that the "Click & Collection" Service is currently suspended in Dunnes Stores. I only found this out when I had added items into my basket and went to check out. It was in this process I discovered this "Click & Collection" option was gone ... paid delivery only.
    So I rang Dunne's online "Customer Care" and the girl was very nice. I asked why a notice was on the Duunes Home Page letting customer know this? ... after some time the girl found it on the website ... it was down at the very bottom of the "Homepage" under a heading "Customer Service" then go to a sub heading called "Covid 19 Coronavirus FAQs" then, you are taken to another sub heading called "Always Here for our Customers" then go down to a Heading called "Orders and delivery" then onto a sub heading called "Can I still use Click & Collect online?" ARE YOU STILL WITH ME? ... under a sub heading called "Republic of Ireland - Click and Collect" you are then informed "Unfortunately, our Click and Collect ordering service for fashion and homewares items has been temporarily suspended"
    DO THE "Samaritans" WORK ON A MONDAY !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Just bought 20, thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Just bought 20, thanks

Ruining it for the rest of us when people like you snap up all the stock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Hi All ... can I bring to your attention that the "Click & Collection" Service is currently suspended in Dunnes Stores. I only found this out when I had added items into my basket and went to check out. It was in this process I discovered this "Click & Collection" option was gone ... paid delivery only.
    So I rang Dunne's online "Customer Care" and the girl was very nice. I asked why a notice was on the Duunes Home Page letting customer know this? ... after some time the girl found it on the website ... it was down at the very bottom of the "Homepage" under a heading "Customer Service" then go to a sub heading called "Covid 19 Coronavirus FAQs" then, you are taken to another sub heading called "Always Here for our Customers" then go down to a Heading called "Orders and delivery" then onto a sub heading called "Can I still use Click & Collect online?" ARE YOU STILL WITH ME? ... under a sub heading called "Republic of Ireland - Click and Collect" you are then informed "Unfortunately, our Click and Collect ordering service for fashion and homewares items has been temporarily suspended"
    DO THE "Samaritans" WORK ON A MONDAY !

You know you're allowed to go to the shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Might be self isolating?

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Might be self isolating?

You'd still have to go to the shop for click and collect, surely? So what's the advantage, apart from being guaranteed the item when you get there.
    Or have Dunnes blocked off the non-food sections?

Anyway, I just bought 50 and have put them up on adverts at an incredible mark-up. I await your nasty comments and offers to swap for a rusty bicycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Where's the BA?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

You know you're allowed to go to the shop?

Not this week, while the grocercy section is considered an essential service, the clothing side is not and should be closed.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Not a Bargain Alert, moved to Consumer Issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Not this week, while the grocercy section is considered an essential service, the clothing side is not and should be closed.

Personally, I do find clothes to be essential. I can't very well walk around naked (within 2km of my house) can I?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The assumption is that you already *have* clothes, and aren't eating them.

Advertisement