Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voucher

Options
  • 30-03-2020 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭

I have vouchers for shop in Galway from work value €70/80.
    The expiry date is tomorrow Mar 31 and i like to get the stuff.

I had being in Spain and returned 19 days ago.
    I phoned the office last week and explained and asked if this could be extended, this happened before we were told stay at home.
    I got an email this morning to say that because the vouchers were not belong to the shop they need be redeemed by tomorrow.
    This is one of the leaders in their game in the country.
    I did not say the shop as i do not know if that be fair.
    What's the view here...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would not be leaving the house to avail of 70 euros worth of vouchers. It is not an essential purpose.
    Do the shop have an online store that they might allow you to spend your vouchers on?

Otherwise I would hold off until the world gets back to normal and see if you can avail of their good nature at that point.

Legally I dont see that you have a case but morally maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I would not be leaving the house to avail of 70 euros worth of vouchers. It is not an essential purpose.
    Do the shop have an online store that they might allow you to spend your vouchers on?

Otherwise I would hold off until the world gets back to normal and see if you can avail of their good nature at that point.

Legally I dont see that you have a case but morally maybe.

Basically it's only the same as going to the shop so it be fine, because its a bit of a journey i would have preferred to leave and do other things at the same time. I be as safe in the car and as safe as at home, they are the people who should have sorted it in my opinion.
    It will be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Basically it's only the same as going to the shop so it be fine, because its a bit of a journey i would have preferred to leave and do other things at the same time. I be as safe in the car and as safe as at home, they are the people who should have sorted it in my opinion.
    It will be fine...

If it's more then 2km of a journey and the shop isn't a pharmacy or food shop then it's illegal for you to make that journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Caranica wrote: »
    If it's more then 2km of a journey and the shop isn't a pharmacy or food shop then it's illegal for you to make that journey.

Well that's nonsense.

The 2km limit is for daily exercise, and it's only a suggestion, not a legally enforceable thing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭This is it

It will be fine...

You were questioning air traffic earlier in the midst of this crisis but you're grand to go galavanting about the place for the sake of a €70 voucher. Unfortunately this is what we're dealing with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Well that's nonsense.

The 2km limit is for daily exercise, and it's only a suggestion, not a legally enforceable thing

Here's what the government say. Signed into law on Sunday. Spending a voucher on non essential goods isn't included.

Gardai have been stopping cars and turning them around for the past two days if they deem people to be making unnecessary journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Well that's nonsense.

Its morally wrong. What if 10% of the population took the same attitude ?

The risk is low, but if you stay home the risk is zero. If everyone does the right thing it will save lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Its morally wrong. What if 10% of the population took the same attitude ?

The risk is low, but if you stay home the risk is zero. If everyone does the right thing it will save lives.

The shop extended the voucher but it was only because the became aware i returned from a high risk area a few weeks ago which is the reason i did not want to travel.
    I did not go anywhere for two weeks which is the reason i could not collect the goods, then as soon as i could travel we were advised not to.

I think it should have being automatic as i am fallowing the guide as per Government advise.
    Its just a minor thing...

Advertisement