Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for electrical items not delivered

Options
  • 25-03-2020 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

I bought a new kitchen worth of electrical goods from a mainstream electronic store in Ireland several weeks ago. I was waiting for the new kitchen to be installed before taking delivery of the goods, so they are still in the shops warehouse. Our kitchen is now not going ahead. The terms on their site say a full refund within 14 days of purchase but we are now beyond that.

Given we haven't yet taken delivery of the goods, does anyone know if our "contract of purchase" starts on the day we bought the goods or on the day we take delivery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

It should state it on the receipt. If not, then it's date of purchase.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

A differing opinion from a family member that works in an electrical retailer is that the "contract of purchase" starts on the day of delivery/taken from the store. Your rights may be reduced if any of the items are a special order, such as a RangeMaster or similar

Is the kitchen just not going ahead because of the current restrictions, or for some other reason? Will it go ahead in the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Spocker wrote: »
    A differing opinion from a family member that works in an electrical retailer is that the "contract of purchase" starts on the day of delivery/taken from the store. Your rights may be reduced if any of the items are a special order, such as a RangeMaster or similar

Is the kitchen just not going ahead because of the current restrictions, or for some other reason? Will it go ahead in the future?

Nothing special, they were all appliances they generally have in stock. Kitchen will go ahead in future. Work is not going ahead now because of current restrictions and future uncertainties. We are getting a lot more done than just a new kitchen and that has now been impacted.

I will be phoning them today. We are talking €2,500 or so worth of appliances, so I'm hoping they refund so we can purchase when the time is right.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Best of luck, let us know how it goes

Advertisement