Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving - Guys

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hybie

Okay, I've got a different question...i used to have a serious amount of acne but now i've just got very small red spots on my neck so obviously shaving makes them all red and noticeable and my flatmates and family have said that its very noticeable.

I've heard that shaving with an electric razor is better but I'm not sure. I went into a pharmacy and the guy behind the counter was showing me this Braun Contour model for around €100 and recommending it for people with acne but he owns the shop so don't really know if he's just saying it so I'd buy it.

Anybody have similar problem and are Braun's any good with people with irritable skin on their neck?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Gillete Quatro is what ive used for over a year and a 1/2 maybe 2 years and i find it brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

hybie wrote:
    Okay, I've got a different question...i used to have a serious amount of acne but now i've just got very small red spots on my neck so obviously shaving makes them all red and noticeable and my flatmates and family have said that its very noticeable.

Anybody have similar problem and are Braun's any good with people with irritable skin on their neck?

I have a Braun electric and I found my spots fared much *worse* with this than when I was wetshaving!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

hybie wrote:

I've heard that shaving with an electric razor is better but I'm not sure. I went into a pharmacy and the guy behind the counter was showing me this Braun Contour model for around €100 and recommending it for people with acne but he owns the shop so don't really know if he's just saying it so I'd buy it.

without seeing your neck its hard to tell but the rash is probably the result of shaving. make sure you let your shaving cream settle for approx 30-60 secs before shaving. Remember your razor blade needs to be replaced regularly too! After shaving pat your face dry (dont wipe) and use a good soothing after shave balm. allow it dry before putting anything around your neck obviously. Use the sensitive skin gels as they can help

If you do get an electric razor, make sure its a good one. However dont use it everyday. Also buy a good pre electric shave oil/cream (boots do their own brand quite cheaply) and use after shave too.

Advertisement