Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDreams Refund

Options
  • 25-03-2020 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I know CI is busy with a lot of disruptions going on.

Partner and I booked a trip to Bali and are due to fly out April 3rd.

Partner booked trip via Edreams.

Flights are from dub-athens
    Athens-Singapore-Bali

Return its Bali to Singapore-Berlin-Dub

Given the trip wont be happening we have been unable to see where we stand.

Our contract is with Edreams, yet we cannot get any info on redress from them,

Contacted travel insurance and they have advised that I try with the agent as its their statutory right to redress this issue.

I tried the airlines and they have offered a voucher but its not what we initially paid.

Once my reference number is provided we are directed to an automated service saying they wont talk to unless we are due to fly out in 5 days. (It used to 8, then 7 and now 5 days)

Also we received an email stating that if we need to cancel the flight we need to ring them 7 days prior to flying yet I can get through to an agent so its all around and circles

My preferred redress method is a refund purely based on all of the uncertainty with possible closures of companies and uncertainty on possible future travel.

Any advice would be grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,085 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

skinny90 wrote: »
    Hi All

I know CI is busy with a lot of disruptions going on.

Partner and I booked a trip to Bali and are due to fly out April 3rd.

Partner booked trip via Edreams.

Flights are from dub-athens
    Athens-Singapore-Bali

Return its Bali to Singapore-Berlin-Dub

Given the trip wont be happening we have been unable to see where we stand.

Our contract is with Edreams, yet we cannot get any info on redress from them,

Contacted travel insurance and they have advised that I try with the agent as its their statutory right to redress this issue.

I tried the airlines and they have offered a voucher but its not what we initially paid.

Once my reference number is provided we are directed to an automated service saying they wont talk to unless we are due to fly out in 5 days. (It used to 8, then 7 and now 5 days)

Also we received an email stating that if we need to cancel the flight we need to ring them 7 days prior to flying yet I can get through to an agent so its all around and circles

My preferred redress method is a refund purely based on all of the uncertainty with possible closures of companies and uncertainty on possible future travel.

Any advice would be grateful

If you paid by card, try a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but EDreams are the shonkiest of all OTA's. They are renowned for lack of customer service - they're basically a ticket flogger.

IF you paid by credit card, you could try a charge back.

It's also possible that these were separate flights cobbled together by them - do you have 1 PNR for the entire trip? If you do can you enter on the airlines' websites?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

sorry for your troubles, for my part i lost money with another lot of shisters called eSKY.ie paid with my card but the money was taken from my account within hours of paying so they could not stop payement i will stop there and wish you luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but EDreams are the shonkiest of all OTA's. They are renowned for lack of customer service - they're basically a ticket flogger.

IF you paid by credit card, you could try a charge back.

It's also possible that these were separate flights cobbled together by them - do you have 1 PNR for the entire trip? If you do can you enter on the airlines' websites?

I believe I do have 1 PNR however it’s with 2 seperate airlines and there both giving vouchers aswell.

I didn’t pay by credit card but by debit card...it amounts to just under 2K will the banks issue a charge back or the provider? Typically how long is this process and what are the chances of success?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Debit cards now have the same rights to charge back as credit cards, so you can go that route.

• Advertisement

Hi all
    So we have still not heard back from edreams...
    Emails, numbers you name it it is impossible to get through to them.
    We contacted the bank to initiate the charge back. They need forms filled but also correspondence from edreams
    They also said they’d reach out to edreams but how can they if we can’t
    Thanks in advance

Hi All,

So still no response from Edreams.

There is no option to request a refund only to cancel and change the trip.

From a charge back perspective if we accept this from Edreams how does this look.

From Edreams side of things, what happens if we do nothing, do we have to accept. It appears that only one out of 3 flights is still operating...

I have logged into the other 2 airlines and nothing can be accessed in the manage booking section

i had an e/mail from eSKY.ie today and the cheek of them was to ask me how i enjoyed my holidays and what i though of the different airlines and airports the only reply to all was i never got out of Ireland not that they give a hoot

Hi All,

If anyone can give guidance to my last post id be grateful

We have initiated a chargeback with the bank

From a charge back perspective if we accept this from Edreams how does this look.

From Edreams side of things, what happens if we do nothing, do we have to accept. It appears that only one out of 3 flights is still operating...

Sorry to bump this up but I feel like we need to make a decision soon.

To recap- we cannot contact the agent
    Tried checking our bookings on the airline but our bookings are gone( they used to be there)
    Agent is completely unresponsive and using deflective self service mechanisms to cancel/request vouchers
    As we want a refund these options are no good.
    We have initiated a charge back with the bank

If we dont do anything in relation to getting a voucher will this affect us getting the chargeback?

I am asking as there is just under 2K spent on these flights :(

• Advertisement

sorry skinny90 for your troubles but dont sit on your hands dont wait we got nothing back from eSKY.ie we have been stonewalled with every e/mail with its been passed on and no way of phoneing them good luck

Hi
    I am speaking in the context of a charge back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

If you have requested a charge back from your bank, what else do you want to do? It's in your bank's hand not good

just an update today, received my full refund of just under 2k via chargeback. process took about 3-4 weeks, your left in a bit of a limbo with the bank as they are not great for updates or status's or dont call back when they say they will...but given the circumstances id say its difficult for them too.

skinny90 wrote: »
    just an update today, received my full refund of just under 2k via chargeback. process took about 3-4 weeks, your left in a bit of a limbo with the bank as they are not great for updates or status's or dont call back when they say they will...but given the circumstances id say its difficult for them too.

Banks can't give updates as they need to carry out an in-depth investigation. Good to hear you had a successful outcome.

Banks can't give updates as they need to carry out an in-depth investigation. Good to hear you had a successful outcome.

In hindsight I can see why, that being said when your the customer it can be a little stressful.

Anyways thank :) really delighted with the outcome

excellent news

have you learned your lesson? Only book direct with the airlines !

have you learned your lesson? Only book direct with the airlines !

lesson well and truly earned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

Congrats you did well.

Curious which bank you got the chargeback from.

It's for my guide for getting refunds for cancelled flights.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208&page=2

• Advertisement

paddy19 wrote: »
    Congrats you did well.

Curious which bank you got the chargeback from.

It's for my guide for getting refunds for cancelled flights.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058073208&page=2

Hi Paddy,

It was BOI.

Thanks

Advertisement