Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gel/gelish nails..few questions please

Options
  • 29-02-2020 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi everyone ,

Just wondering, is there a difference between gel and gelish nails?

Also, do they destroy everyone’s nails? And in what way?

Is there any way to avoid this?

I got mine done a few months ago, tried to take them off myself using the soak off method. Took an age and didn’t fully come off. Got them done again a week later and got them removed by technician this time. They were just filed of and a nail hardener put on. It started to chip and my nails started to break so I tried the soak off method again but it didn’t remove the product from my nails completely. So they look awful. They are also very soft and breaking??

I really really like them when they are on but don’t want to keep putting them on the whole time if you know what I mean? Any advice?

Thanks x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

There’s tip and dip, hard gel and soak off gels. Your nail tech should be able to advise if they’ve been properly trained in nail enhancements. (Not a 1 day course!)

Soak off nails should NEVER be removed by filing as it’s only a thin coating of gel and filing will damage and thin your natural nail. (You’ll also feel a heat spike when they’re being cured next time!)
    They file for speed and convenience to them so refuse to let them do it and go somewhere where they care about their clients.

Also, beware of cheap techs who offer brand names such as Shellac and Gelish etc. but will use cheap Asian products that don’t meet EU safety requirements. Make sure they’re using genuine bottles with the correct logo’s and the matching lamp to cure it. Generic lamps are a fallacy and don’t properly cure the gel. Just feel hard to the touch means they might only cured by 70% and is not the same thing as a full cure.

These cheap short cuts can lead to lifelong allergies, so don’t risk it.

Check your tech is fully qualified with a manicure as well as gel certificates and that they are using professional quality brands with the branded logo lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭mayo pixiebell

Thanks for your reply! I obviously didn’t get them done in the right place and my nails are suffering now! They have gone so soft. I will know what to look out for now if I do decide to get them again. Thank you

Advertisement