Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlefield V

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

Need larger player base like MAG with 128 players on each side for the next Battlefield.64 player modes feel a bit small scale nowadays and the Dice devs and gotten worse at creating maps for conquest/breakthrough anyways.Let them do something new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Still plenty of populated BF4 servers on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

8eM278r.jpg

I play on these most nights, very good servers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭omerin

Went back to play V again after a long absence and while the game has improved, the amount of hacking is scandalous, seems to me that 1 in 3 games I log into has one and sometimes more. Mostly coming from you know where, Dice seem to have given up.
    I've reported one at the beginning, never heard anything back (not sure if that's the procedure?) They boasted during the game that they had been reported multiple times ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

omerin wrote: »
    Went back to play V again after a long absence and while the game has improved, the amount of hacking is scandalous, seems to me that 1 in 3 games I log into has one and sometimes more. Mostly coming from you know where, Dice seem to have given up.
    I've reported one at the beginning, never heard anything back (not sure if that's the procedure?) They boasted during the game that they had been reported multiple times ......

Thats a shame. I've been tempted to go back to BFV a few times but I tried it via the EA subscription and I opted to not renew that over how poor the rest of the games on show with that service had gotten (not BFV itself, but Anthem etc really soured me on the service) so I need to convince myself to pick it up cheap if I'm gonna play it again. Hearing cheating is widespread puts me off making that 2nd purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭DrSpongeBobz

The hacking on pc is out of control.I see the same players and cheaters every day on pc.Played it for about two months over the summer and am over it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The hacking on pc is out of control.I see the same players and cheaters every day on pc.Played it for about two months over the summer and am over it again

The servers posted above have a very low tolerance for cheaters, very well admined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Updated my monitor to a 27" 144hz 2k screen. turned back on BFV for the first time in ages and had a blast. Used to love playing the HC servers on previous games and I remembered reading that they'd enable it now on BFV.
    First server i tried was great. 64 player mayhem. excellent fun for a few hours. Unfortunately that server isn't active now and the others are ****e. Why have a HC server with maps and planes/tanks enabled?
    IMHO should just be infantry.
    Ah well still enjoying it. Getting over 70fps in massive firefights with everything on Ultra. Such a pretty game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭Homelander

I have to say as much as I thought BFV was the biggest disappointment out of probably any of the main games, I still play it a lot.

Doesn't mean it wasn't disappointing, but it really is a solid game all the same as they go. Just checked Origin there, I have 206 hours in it.

I play Recon, and I know people complain about the amount of snipers in the game, but from checking BFV stats apparently I am in the top 5% of players for Recon K/D, and top 9% for general K/D.

I also have dog**** aim, but I think it goes to show that no matter what game you play*, no matter how bad your aim is, game sense and positioning are really so much more important than basic mechanical skill.

Only ever play Breakthrough though. Once I got used to it, I find conquest a bit dull. Prefer when it's a 32v32 chaotic skirmish along the frontline.

*obviously this would be far less true in games like CSGO or Valorant, but you know what I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

was just talking to my brother yesterday about how we fought a tiger tank for a control point, winning the game for our team right at the death. had some great fun with this and played a good bit but then just stopped and never went back, same with BF1 but still got my money's worth imo.
    I lost my mind with BF4 and sunk tonnes of hours into it, never very good but god I loved it. BF4 was weird in that I don't think any game annoyed and thrilled me so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

loaded her up for a break from COD.
    game felt slow and stodgy. Thought I'll get back to the hang of it. Was getting 145fps but it just still felt like I was running through treacle.
    Messed around with the FOV settings and bam. Lightening quick again. Had changed my screen( now a 144hz 2k) since the last time I'd played and it needed the FOV to max for it to run.

Goddamn its such a beautiful game.
    Still hate the fact that planes take 30million hits to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Yea, i'm surprised how much COD has pulled me in after the end of support for BFV. Almost feel dirty.
    Can't wait to get back into the series. I've still fond memories from BF2 which kicked off my interest in PC Gaming back in the day!

I enjoyed a lot about BFV, but it seems the game was cursed/tainted with bad luck/decisions from release til the end of its days, which is a shame as there was so much potential there.

Advertisement