Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV on local network

Options
  • 12-12-2020 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting an aerial fitted and have that connect to a 'box' that allows the channels to be available to my FireTV and Shield dotted throughout the house. Where do I start? Does this box exist?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

degsie wrote: »
    Thinking of getting an aerial fitted and have that connect to a 'box' that allows the channels to be available to my FireTV and Shield dotted throughout the house. Where do I start? Does this box exist?

Do you have a dish? Get a Linux satellite combo box and stream both terrestrial and free to air satellite. I have this and use the dream EPG app on my Shield and Miboxes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Do you have a dish? Get a Linux satellite combo box and stream both terrestrial and free to air satellite. I have this and use the dream EPG app on my Shield and Miboxes

Dish won't work for us. Confirmed by installer. High trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

degsie wrote: »
    Dish won't work for us. Confirmed by installer. High trees.

Then a combo box is really out. There isn't really a such thing as a terrestrial only Linux box, terrestrial is usually just an extra tuner in a satellite box. Do you have a home server, you could just add a usb terrestrial tuner and use software. There are also devices like HDHomeRun, I don't know much about this, DYOR, but here's a link:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BFNRGN9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_b6s1FbZYJ5M6F

Advertisement