Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Teamtalk/Transfer Rumours/Gossip 2020/21- Mod Notes OP [06/11/20]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

RasTa wrote: »
    We will win on Wednesday 9/9 in the CL and lose away to Everton and that will be that for Ole going into the international break

I hope you’re right. At the minute everything is just stale. A decent CL run wasn’t enough for Moyesy back when we still had some standards but it shouldn’t be enough now either.

• Meh Keane directing his criticism all at the players

Ole is to blame for these performances and tactics just as much as the team

Stop scapegoating your m8 lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

#PochIN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

RasTa wrote: »
    We will win on Wednesday 9/9 in the CL and lose away to Everton and that will be that for Ole going into the international break

Everton had a great start to the Season....were lucky that they got away with a few serious bloopers from Pickford but still won games....they are missing their talisman Richarlison, Seamus Coleman and a few others for next weekends game....Utd should be well able to at least score a goal or two there given how poor Pickford is but won't if Ole continues to pick lads like Pogba who are not bothered if we win or lose as long as their haircut looks cool.

The team on the field for the final 20 mins today had no shape to it going forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Meh Keane directing his criticism all at the players

This is so frustrating from the ex players just refusing to give deserved criticism to ole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Did we just play 4 games in two weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,333 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Everton had a great start to the Season....were lucky that they got away with a few serious bloopers from Pickford but still won games....they are missing their talisman Richarlison, Seamus Coleman and a few others for next weekends game....Utd should be well able to at least score a goal or two there given how poor Pickford is but won't if Ole continues to pick lads like Pogba who are not bothered if we win or lose as long as their haircut looks cool.

The team on the field for the final 20 mins today had no shape to it going forward.

Olsen played in goal for Everton today. Pickford was dropped/on bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Are you surprised, he wont criticise his pal

I dont think anyone is scapegoating how bad some our players are but they dont control the team that starts, the formation, subs etc

Ole was and is a disastrous choice as a utd manager.

Look at the subs today, I was shocked to see Matic come on instead of trying to get the initiative and bring on an attacking player and then leaving it late to bring on attacking subs after Arsenal score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He has a point about the players attitude. Only they can affect that and they continually fail to do so. He's having a laugh not criticising Solksjaer though, it's like Liam Brady never saying a bad word about Wenger when he was RTE with Bill and the boys back in the day.

We do need to accept that some of these players have continually failed to perform for this club under 3 managers at this stage.

There's no easy answers for United and while Poch would improve us, there's some problems in that dressing room that will stop any manager from succeeding.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

sky88 wrote: »
    This is so frustrating from the ex players just refusing to give deserved criticism to ole

Happened with Giggs too. And the inverse happened with Jose.

There's a large gang of ex-players who will point blank refuse to put any blame at the feet of one of their own. Its always everyone elses fault, never their friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

xtal191 wrote: »

Jesus Christ that first comment, we were shyte last year so it's not a problem we are shyte this year.

Just fcuking sack him and sell he who shall not be named to anyone that will buy him, a fcuking virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

V Brighton Pogba taken off VDB comes on and plays well we win
    V Newcastle Pogba doesn’t start and plays 21 mins we win
    V Chelsea Pogba doesn’t start we play poor but don’t lose

Pretty much game he started we have lost and we only beat Brighton when he was taken off. Perhaps unfair to hint that he’s the sole issue or that it’s the players fault but it certainly looks like he’s becoming a big problem that’s dragging the whole team down.

Neville said something like you have to find a way to get a Pogba into your team but Carragher was spot on by countering it by asking why we are still trying to find out where to play PP after 4 years.

I really do think that this is where the influence of Woodward/Glazers has a direct negative impact on the first team. Pogba has wanted to leave for over 2 years and I don’t believe it was Jose or Ole desperate to keep him, I’d say both were told from above to make it work with the clubs most expensive signing who attracted the most traffic ever to the website when he joined. If I had a choice right now I would rather Pogba was given away for nothing, I think the damage trying to accommodate him is more then he’s worth. I keep expecting the penny to drop (he was really good against Leipzig) but he reverts back to type.

Whatever happens manager wise, if Pogba continues to be kept on as Woodward’s trophy we will end up in the same trouble over and over again with managers being forced to fit Pogba into a team at the expense of team progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Don't see much wrong in what Keane said, he's spot on actually. The world and it's dog know at this stage that Ole isn't up to it and is on borrowed time but it doesn't excuse the piss that the players serve up time and again to manager after manager in some cases. It's a joke.

Anyway, normal service being resumed today is not the worst news of the day. Very saddened to read the news about Bobby Charlton, an absolute icon of the club I wish him and his family the best.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

As a United supporter for a long number of years I am really struggling to find another player for us who has put in so many poor or more so diabolical performances and been so uninterested in playing for the club as Pogba.
    How he stayed on for 90 minutes today tells me it's the tail wagging the dog.
    Also under no circumstances am I defending solskjaer but,
    Does anyone think any manager at any level would of kept a player like him on the pitch today. Only unless you're hands were tyed.
    Totally bemused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,971 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Never knew he played for Waterford

• The difference being is when we were in this repeat scenario with Jose...Jose was hammered by the same ex Utd players on Sky

They are hypocritical to the extreme

We know what these players with Paul Pogba in the centre of the squad are capable of doing for years

It has taken an ex liverpool player to point the finger at Ole also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Keane has been pretty consistent though, he isn't one to always blame the manager and it was a long time ago now when he made the comment that these players threw Jose under the bus and they will do the same to Ole, leopards don't change their spots.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

We haven't won a league game at Old Trafford since v Bournemouth on July 4th.

That's 1 win in 6 league games at home from July to today.

Barring that Bournemouth result and a 3-0 against Sheffield United in June, our form at home has been shocking in the league post-lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭KH25

There was no sense of urgency about the play today until arsenal scored. It’s like the team is being sent out to just try not to lose rather than attempting to win the game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

KH25 wrote: »
    There was no sense of urgency about the play today until arsenal scored. It’s like the team is being sent out to just try not to lose rather than attempting to win the game.

Was the same vs Chelsea. Like we were happy to take a 0-0

Meanwhile, in Europe, it’s like we feel a draw isn’t enough, we need to win. And that installs a confidence and swagger.

In the league, we look like we are not wanting to try too hard, for fear of getting another thumping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Pogba needs to go.

He cost the club over 100m euros. If a player does not play to his price tag as a bare minimum, he needs to go, simple as. Carra also said that he doesn't think Pogba is a great player, that he's a great talent, and he is absolutely right. Pogba is not a great player. I have no idea why he remained on the pitch tonight.

Ole has done well with trying to get rid of the deadwood that was previously left and in fairness to him he has tried hard to get rid of more, but Pogba needs to be axed, if I was manager of Manchester United, a club rich in success and history, I would be going straight to the board with my intent to sell Paul Pogba. The club paid a fortune for him and he's been nothing more than inconsistent. I can't see Ole going to Ed and saying "I know he's a marquee signing, but I expect him to play like a 100m euro player at the very least whenever I play him, he doesn't, so I'd like to test the waters and see who would be open to signing him".

Pogba aside - it was a flat performance, nobody seeming to want to stand up and take the game by the scruff and watching Lindelof in the final minutes make a run with the ball, look for a teammate and have nobody open themselves up to him, loses the ball and then starts screaming at his teammates just made me sad. Our tactics go from being absolutely spot on one game to being woeful the next and that is not the sign of a top class manager, I loved Ole the player, but I don't love Ole the manager. He is a tactical liability and we cannot afford to have form like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Drumpot wrote: »
    V Brighton Pogba taken off VDB comes on and plays well we win

Agree that Pogba should be dropped completely but no need to make things up.

Pogba off at 65th ish min when winning. VDB on at 90th min.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Agree that Pogba should be dropped completely but no need to make things up.

Pogba off at 65th ish min when winning. VDB on at 90th min.

Did VDB breaks his balls to win the corner for the winner something Pogba hasn't done in 3 or 4 years dunno how long he is strolling around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,472 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

patmac wrote: »
    Today’s result, the weather and especially the news about Bobby Charlton is making it a very depressing day.
    Sir Bobby Charlton has been diagnosed with dementia

:(

• Keane has been pretty consistent though, he isn't one to always blame the manager and it was a long time ago now when he made the comment that these players threw Jose under the bus and they will do the same to Ole, leopards don't change their spots.

I do agree on this. Nor am I disputing this to be clear. Just there is more than one problem. 3 in total.

1 we can do **** all about. The owners and Woodward and we have known this for years.

2 problems that can be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,808 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was the same vs Chelsea. Like we were happy to take a 0-0

Meanwhile, in Europe, it’s like we feel a draw isn’t enough, we need to win. And that installs a confidence and swagger.

In the league, we look like we are not wanting to try too hard, for fear of getting another thumping.

Its more to do with the opposition,

Leipzig and PSG attcked United openly, Chelsea & Arsenal did not,
    United strongest weapon is the counter attack Chelsea & Arsenal took that away by being pragmatic Leipzig & PSG where not respectful of United attack and paid the price,

You cant just open up againt United they will hurt you Prem teams have coped this & try to take away United coubter attack

United had more possession in the Chelsea & Arsenal games than the two champions leauge games, it shows they struggle when they cant counter quickly,

Even in there 5-0 hammering of Leipzig they had less of the ball than Leipzig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,666 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Its more to do with the opposition,

Leipzig and PSG attcked United openly, Chelsea & Arsenal did not,
    United strongest weapon is the counter attack Chelsea & Arsenal took that away by being pragmatic Leipzig & PSG where not respectful of United attack and paid the price,

You cant just open up againt United they will hurt you Prem teams have coped this & try to take away United coubter attack

United had more possession in the Chelsea & Arsenal games than the two champions leauge games, it shows they struggle when they cant counter quickly,

Even in there 5-0 hammering of Leipzig they had less of the ball than Leipzig

Arsenal had us pinned back for large parts of the game, we couldn’t get out of our own half pretty much all of the first half. They were not what I’d describe as pragmatic, they just pressed the life outta us and tactical fouled if we tried to counter. They weren’t afraid to attack us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement