Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bundesliga Super-Thread warning post #4542

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Don't think its a great move but we will find out by Wednesday if it goes through because I doubt most clubs would want him after playing CL football for Werder. I assume he will be replacing Kaka for when he is injured, but once Kaka is back he will probably get very limited opportunities. Good buy for Madrid regarding the potential he has and the price he is available for. Even as an Arsenal fan I would have preferred to see him go to Man U where he would be guranteed more football.

Good article here about the Bundesliga this year. Bayern have to be the favourites but I think Wolfsburg have a really good squad and could cause an upset on Friday. http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philminshull/2010/08/will_more_bayern_success_make.html

Also a bit of gossip
    Former England manager Steve McClaren will offer midfielder Ryan Babel a way out of Liverpool after lodging a £9m bid to take the Dutchman to German side Wolfsburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,368 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

LoL, Ryan Babel.

Oh, Shteeve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Bit much for Babel, more like 3m I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Season long loan with the option to buy would of been better

The Bleacher Report have put up their Bundesliga Season preview. It's long but has the ins and outs of all the teams etc.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/437623-german-bundesliga-2010-11-season-preview

Bundesliga kicks off tonight with Wolfsburg v Bayern.

What are your predictions? I'm going for 2-1 Bayern. Wolfsburg have a good new team and made some great signings this summer but I think the Bayern team are more familiar with each other. Ribery looks to have got his form back as well as Klose. Kroos is back from Bayer and Muller, Schweinsteiger and Lahm are coming back after a great World Cup though may lack fitness.

I bet on Bayern last night in my semi drunk state but I'm going to go with a 2-2 draw.
    Wolves have put together a good team and Bayern haven't come out of the traps flying the last 2-3 seasons.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Really looking forward to tonight's game.

Line ups -

wolforo3.jpg

Great goal from Mueller! 1-0 to Bayern!\

Mueller and Kroos work really together!

• Advertisement

Great play between Mueller and Kroos!(I think it was Kroos). He set it up well for himself.

Welcome to the Bundesliga, Shteeve :pac:.

I bet your not regretting that bet anymore Oatesy ;)

So far theres only been one team in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

That goal was amazing. The play between Muller and Kroos was awesome, but Mullers two touches were absolutely sublime. Certainly look threating every time they push forward.

Ribery is really showing the season before lasts form. He's tracking back, getting past three defenders, putting in some excellent crosses and has cut in a few times to take shots. The Wolfsburg defence have no idea how to handle him.

I just noticed Dzeko is wearing the captains armband.
    I don't know why McClaren gave the captaincy to someone who has said in the media that he wants out :confused:.

He said pre-match it was to because he felt it was the right time for Dzeko to develop as a leader. So, to keep him happy most likely!

Disappointed with Wolves, giving away a lot of cheap free kicks and haven't posed any kind of threat, Bayern have been excellent at closing them down. I hope Misimovic comes because they need a creative spark

On a side note I don't like Bayern's new jersey, then again I don't like Bayern

Bayern really should have been 3 up by HT but at the moment Wolfsburg are still in it!

Yeah Müller should have at least 2

• Advertisement

Wolves looking a lot better so far. Mandzukic off the post then Dzeko.

I think the crowd have went from saying ''Buuuuuuut'' when he touches the ball to ''Booooooo'' :D
    Nightmare 2nd half for the keeper so far.

Goal!

Dzeko!

T'was coming for sure. Be interesting to see how Bayern react.

Butt isn't the best of goalies is he? No one on the front post call me old school but thats asking to be punished

Yeah I'd say this is Butt's last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

More a part time watcher of the Bundesliga but how on earth does Butt still play in goal for Bayern? Surely they can buy someone better?

Butt is absolutely awful imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Dzeko is just a class act. I can't believe the likes of Ribery gets talked about as being a £50 million player when he isn't half as good as Dzeko.

Misimovic has the changed the game, Kjaer doesn't look comfortable at all

TheTosh wrote: »
    Misimovic has the changed the game, Kjaer doesn't look comfortable at all
    Madness why he didn't start, when he actually bothers, he's one of the best in Germany.

Ridiculous dribbling skills from Misimovic there.

Grafite on, goal please.

• Advertisement

ffs

2-1

Schweini

Legend :pac:.

2-1 Bayern in injury time.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭SK1979

Great ball by Ribery.

More flapping, this time from the Wolves goalie.

Defence went asleep

Can't wait for tomorrow now.

The best league in the world is back!

Best in my opinion.

Good enough game. Wolves definitely look more organised under McLaren, but it seems to have come at a cost, because their kamikaze moments last year were great to watch.

Typical Bayern though, they can just grind out results when they have to.

Hee hee my prediction was right :p

Kjaer is going to need to improve a lot. Bayern need to get themselves a good goalkeepers and some CBs that can actually defend if they want to do well in the CL as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Goals for anyone that didn't see them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Decent enough opener although first half was pretty crap. Nice goal by mueller. Wolfsburg came out a bit in the 2nd half and were unlucky in the end to get beaten by another excellent goal.

Bayern backline all over the place couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Bremen falling apart at the moment, 3-1 down before HT, bollox, 4 now. :(

It's hilarious to watch, sorry! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Bizarre. They were quite impressive against Sampdoria.

Yesterday's match between FC Bayern and Wolfsburg was a terrific curtain raiser. Müller has carried his momentum from last season and the World Cup over and is looking set for another great season.

Big win for St Pauli today. 3 goals in the last 7 minutes put them 3-1 up away to Freiburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Woohoo, go St. Pauli. Nice return to the Bundesliga :)

HSV 2-1 Shalke
    We were fantastic in the late game today. Fully deserved to win even before they got a man sent off. Ruud scored 2 which is great to see, he also hit the bar in the first half.

Elia was great when he got the ball, he put in dangerous crosses all game and he put in the cross for the first.

Zé Roberto too old? :confused::eek:

I'm very optimistic for this season if we can continue to perform like we did today!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    HSV 2-1 Shalke
    We were fantastic in the late game today. Fully deserved to win even before they got a man sent off. Ruud scored 2 which is great to see, he also hit the bar in the first half.

Elia was great when he got the ball, he put in dangerous crosses all game and he put in the cross for the first.

Zé Roberto too old? :confused::eek:

I'm very optimistic for this season if we can continue to perform like we did today!!

Yeah, he didn't look too old getting up that left wing and into the box to assist the goal for Van Niistleroy in the last few minutes.

Just got ESPN today, mainly for the Bundesliga (the other leagues are a bonus as well). Put the match on just before Schalke equalised.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Elia play this season. He's only come to my attention playing for the Dutch side and even then, he's just been coming of the bench. But he's always impressed whenever i saw him, the first time was when he played and scored against Scotland last year.

So yeah, can't wait to see him in the nitty gritty action of club football.

Really good performance from Hamburg, I really hope Bayern don't win the league this year.

Ouch Werder have drawn Bayern in the next round of the Pokal cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

S.R.F.C. wrote: »

Third goal was a joke, in fairness. Frings was clearly fouled in the build up.

Advertisement