Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Cheltenham Town today and Swansea in the next round

And it ever was so...

Death, taxes and lower league draws for City in the cups.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,447 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

A home game against West Ham for the winners tomorrow.

Thats harsh, so if we win we head off to play West Ham later that evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Had to change my post, 58 minutes in and City behind. Suspect they will have to get the big boys up from the bench...and Pep sends on a defender? Guess you need to stop that first goal from going in as a priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was a little curious to this so I searched boards.ie liverpool on twitter and I found this cracker from 2009.

https://twitter.com/Sophia_97455/status/162861740458115073?s=19

That post took serious committment holy sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

The club and Nike are releasing a 4th kit.

Yet no money to buy a CB.

Screenshot-2021-01-04-at-10.43.38.png

Will they be allowed a manufacturers logo as big as that? It’s bigger than the crest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That post took serious committment holy sh1t

Don't know how Murderers wasn't number 1 but how and ever. Priorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

fyfe79 wrote: »
    And it ever was so...

Death, taxes and lower league draws for City in the cups.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,900 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp confirmed Salah will start tomorrow.

Christian Falk is reporting Liverpool are still in talks with Alaba and offered him a wage which hasn't been rejected by him or his advisers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Christian Falk is reporting Liverpool are still in talks with Alaba and offered him a wage which hasn't been rejected by him or his advisers.

We're fairly snookered for CB's at this stage, I'd take anyone. But Alaba is some 'anyone'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

What age is he. He was looking for crazy wages but Barca and Madrid are broke so bad going to city or pay the days of super wages are over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,007 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

fyfe79 wrote: »
    We're fairly snookered for CB's at this stage, I'd take anyone. But Alaba is some 'anyone'.

I presume this is still for a summer free transfer though? Which, while nice, is a bit irritating given the current scenario.
    Bowlardo wrote: »
    What age is he. He was looking for crazy wages but Barca and Madrid are broke so bad going to city or pay the days of super wages are over

Will have just turned 29 when next season starts. So it's grand on that front - if he comes on a free, you maybe just accept letting him go again in 4 years on a free, or even selling him with a year left at 32 for him to get one more decent contract before retirement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then how many fecks do we give collectively for the FA Cup? Me none at all oddly because I was thinking it would be nice to have a go at the domestic cups this season but the way things have gone it's worth not even the steam off a bucket of piss.

And Man Utd are going to win anyway aren't they? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Win today and there's actually a decent chance of winning the trophy. I'd prefer to win today anyways if at all possible.

The players need a return to winning ways. Another loss won't be good for confidence and form.

A win today might help us getting back on track in the PL .... We need to show that we can be somewhat competitive without vvd IMO. I'm not bothered about wining FA cup but a win today would be positive. I don't think a loss matters too much either though.

last 5 games we are 3rd bottom in PL I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Need to score a goal today! Above all else! then a win would be huge boost and get the monkey off our backs. They need to show character - bit of balls to turn it around and show the league we're not ****ed in this years race ...

... not much to ask ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Normally would be happy with an exit from FA Cup but we badly need to get back on track so we need a win here. Hope Klopp goes full strength, whatever that may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Like most of us here, I don't care much for the FA Cup usually, but it would be nice to win it again and may be our only chance of glory this year.

For today though, a win is not crucially important. What we need is for the team to reclaim some self-confidence and enthusiasm for games. If we get that and the midfielders/forwards play well and we still end up getting beaten, we can hopefully move on and build on that performance.

• Administrators Posts: 54,108 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

garra wrote: »
    Like most of us here, I don't care much for the FA Cup usually, but it would be nice to win it again and may be our only chance of glory this year.

For today though, a win is not crucially important. What we need is for the team to reclaim some self-confidence and enthusiasm for games. If we get that and the midfielders/forwards play well and we still end up getting beaten, we can hopefully move on and build on that performance.

A win is important today tbh. Not for cup progression, but because we're actually desperate to win a match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

awec wrote: »
    A win is important today tbh. Not for cup progression, but because we're actually desperate to win a match.

We can agree to disagree, I think performance is far more important than result today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

The only plus I'm taking from today is that at least if it eventually goes to penalties we might put one in the back of the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I never like to lose against United but if we do get knocked out I will look towards the positives at least, we will have a midweek off on the 10th February if we do lose. However I hope we win today. I suspect we will play a weakened team, close to the team that played against Villa, so it will be a big confidence boost if we can pull out a victory today.

Also, we have one day extra to rest over Tottenham as they are playing tomorrow evening. Yes, they are only playing Wycombe Wanderers but I don't remember them having a huge squad so you suspect some of their players will be playing that will feature against us.

I think what is more important is the performance of our players today, they really need a shot of confidence and I hope today will supply some to our team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Obviously hoping for a win today , might be our best chance for silverware, but, more importantly we need a performance and to score a couple of goals, even if we still don't progress, that might kick start our season again.
    A bad defeat today will only deepen the crisis and further erode any confidence

Tarkowski wants out of Burnley is being reported today he has one year left on his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Tarkowski wants out of Burnley is being reported today he has one year left on his contract.

I'd pass tbh. I know we're desperate for players at this stage, but that would feel a bit too forced for me.

Doubt he'd be all that high on the club's radar in normal circumstances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Tarkowski probably doesn’t fit the bill for Liverpool. At 28 the age profile isn’t one we tend to go for in recent years. Would fill a hole until the summer, no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,357 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Tarkowski is pretty slow and isn't really a front foot defender. So is pointless. May as well stick one of the young lads in.

Easy to look good in a compact setup like Burnley's.

Knex* wrote: »
    I'd pass tbh. I know we're desperate for players at this stage, but that would feel a bit too forced for me.

Doubt he'd be all that high on the club's radar in normal circumstances.

He's a fairly solid defender and better than what's available to us when Matip is injured, plus would free up Fabinho when Matip is available. Under normal circumstances he wouldn't be under consideration, but, our situation regarding CBs is not normal.
    It's not going to happen anyway, if we were going to sign a CB, it would have been done by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭kingshankly

garra wrote: »
    We can agree to disagree, I think performance is far more important than result today.

Performance is never more important than the result

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

must win game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I guess choice of keeper even will determine if Klopp wants to win this game or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,447 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Gulf in sides is massive, this bit of bad form and VAR craziness doesn't change that. I expect an easy victory today. 75% of ball in last 6 games, lots of chances, this is a run of bad luck, on paper we won last 6 league games easily.
    Goals only stat that counts, they will come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Gulf in sides is massive, this bit of bad form and VAR craziness doesn't change that. I expect an easy victory today. 75% of ball in last 6 games, lots of chances, this is a run of bad luck, on paper we won last 6 league games easily.

We will lose by at least 2 goals today, qoute me on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Not really Toby. Southampton was an example of that.

In every game there's been a few chances that could have been converted. Our opposition has been more clinical in the games we've conceded on the amount of possession they've had and chances they created.

With Salah, Firmino and Mane we should have the same clinical finishing but we don't

That's true.... It's seems an age since we've been decent on the pitch.... Even before vvd got assaulted we were poor performance wise iirc but we got results.

• Advertisement

The big question for me is do you play Matip in a cup game where if you win the cup you get £3.5m.

Or do you rest him for the league and champions league games both worth upwards of £100m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I seem to recall you in the past complaining about performances despite the team still getting results, so which is it? :p

qorH03q.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Lads our backline is going to be championship standards today we dont have a hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,922 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

For today I say we play as many of our best players in their best positions as possible, best way to play themselves back into form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭daheff

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I guess choice of keeper even will determine if Klopp wants to win this game or not

I'm guessing Adrian starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,077 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

daheff wrote: »
    I'm guessing Adrian starts?

Adrian isn't even making the squad lately. He's finished at the club IMO.

It'll be Kelleher or Alisson. Hopefully Alisson.

The possession stats can really be misleading when taken out of context, it's what you do with the possession that counts, no point having 90% possession with no end product. Some teams prefer to let the opposition have possession and counter attack. We'll probably have more possession today, but, it wouldn't surprise me if United have more clear cut chances. That's been a large part of our problem lately, loads of possession but not many really clear cut chances and the few we've created we haven't taken. We need to be more clinical and less ponderous in attack

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Confidence wise, a win today would be great. It would be nice to knock them out of the cup too.
    That said, I'm not overly pushed at a loss, eyes are fixed on the next league game already. No injuries is a must.

0-0 after 120 minutes and penalties to decide the winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭atilladehun

0-0 after 120 minutes and penalties to decide the winner.

How many injuries?

How many injuries?

2 season long and 5 muscle injuries.

Hope Klopp picks a team that gives us a chance of winning, I fear he might play Kelleher in goal and both Philips and Williams together at CB, which would more or less be handing the game to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Girly Gal wrote: »
    Hope Klopp picks a team that gives us a chance of winning, I fear he might play Kelleher in goal and both Philips and Williams together at CB, which would more or less be handing the game to United.

i've a feeling we will go with a weak squad. We don't have the depth with the injures we have had. Some of the players have also bee run into the group.

Would love to see Liverpool getting a win today but I think utd have too strong of a squad so they could make some changes and still have quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,007 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Interested to see what formation we start with. Played the first half against Burnley with 2 up. With Salah and Bobby likely starting this game, I wonder if we’ll do the same. Would be interesting to see them as a central partnership with a diamond behind them.

As soon as the team leaks stopped appearing early the results went to crap.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement