Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mast appeared on rooftop. Any ideas?

Options
  • 16-12-2020 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what this mast is? It appeared recently on top of an apartment block. Residents concerned about what it is for, possible health implications etc. Residents not notified about it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Somebody with more knowledge will be be able to say for sure, but it looks like the equipment you see on mobile phone towers.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Tzardine wrote: »
    Somebody with more knowledge will be be able to say for sure, but it looks like the equipment you see on mobile phone towers.

I looked up Comreg website but there's no mobile phone mast in the location. So I don't think it's a mobile company. But I don't know how often Comreg update the map and the mast just appeared recently.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Looks like a standard 4G radio head. Probably a beamforming unit with an array of antennas it can use to steer the radio beam.

Advertisement