Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Hate hate hate how you can't celebrate goals anymore, the games ruined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eigrod wrote: »
    Screwed over by var yet again.

Screwed over?

It was offside. Simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Any time they VAR check a Liverpool goal these days I pretty much resign myself to it being chalked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I really like Nat Phillips, think hes a proper old school defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,372 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not really convinced by any of these pube hair offsides.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Hendo for Williams drop Milner to RB and Mane for Minamino at HT hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Were they drawing lines around a blurry image of Salah? Jesus football is getting depressing....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

If he ends up as Kuyt did I won't complain.

Yes but I don’t think I can wait that long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭radiata

Where is Bobby Firmino of last week gone? He seems to have reverted again. Not making any impact, no runs and below par touches.

Did you not see his through ball for Jota in the 1st minute and that touch and pass to Salah for the offside goal. I'm sick of listening to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,988 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Hard to argue with the decision, such an irritating rule though. They need to find a way to make ‘level’ a thing again. These negligible calls where you can’t tell someone is off without a microscope are very annoying and counter productive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

radiata wrote: »
    Did you not see his through ball for Jota in the 1st minute and that touch and pass to Salah for the offside goal. I'm sick of listening to this

He’s been our best player so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Vicxas wrote: »
    I really like Nat Phillips, think hes a proper old school defender.

Kind of player who'd go through the back of his gran to win a header.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭tinpib

Hopefully there are plenty of tea cups available to be thrown round the dressing room at HT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

NukaCola wrote: »
    FFS he's just a kid, shouldn't even be on the pitch tbh, its a mistake that he should be learning from in reserves, he shouldn't be learning from his mistakes at the highest level.

Its Klopps mistake, we badly needed a right back

More muscle injuries.

How long till 5 subs is back?

Jesus christ one of the dinner ladies at melwood would be more effective then minamino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote: »
    Were they drawing lines around a blurry image of Salah? Jesus football is getting depressing....

That's the one part I don't get about VAR. You watch a game in 1080p but they check VAR in 144p.

Commentary is so tedious to listen to on BT I might try find a stream instead.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    More muscle injuries.

How long till 5 subs is back?

Its mad that it was not introduced. I get the argument that the traditional top 6 teams have more squad resources, but the league not allowing it is ridiculous. Those clubs already had an advantage of not playing european games.

Ikozma wrote: »
    Jesus christ one of the dinner ladies at melwood would be more effective then minamino

Kirkby now. Keep up.:D

• Advertisement

Its Klopps mistake, we badly needed a right back

I can understand it though... we have a million midfielders, and Milner was ideal as backup right back. It’s just turned out that almost all of our million midfielders got simultaneously injured to the point that Jimmy has to start in the centre.

Once/If the likes of Hendo, Thiago, Ox, Keita are able to play again, or a CB is bought to let Fab play in the centre, Milner goes back to being the backup option there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I feel like everything that could go wrong for Mini is. Literally trying too hard and losing the ball more often then not. We know there is a quality player in there from playing against us. I’d be willing to be patient with him.

Neco on the other hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Williams and Minamino off let them play against midtyland. Need to get henderson on and move Milner to right back and get either Jones or mane on. Minamino is playing way too cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,040 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Team looks wrecked.

Passing from the back and midfield is poor and we can't get it to the front lads quick and strong enough. The couple times Fabinho did and Salah had big chances. Need more of that.

3rd game in 6 days and rotation is barely possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,898 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Another 2 non-contact injuries in the first half for the opposition but we're still being told that the Top 6 wanting more subs is selfish.

Midfield has been poor. Milner and Minamino not in it. Gini playing his 6th game in 17 days!

• Advertisement

The biggest problem with these offside calls is that they scrutinise so much over the defensive line while barely giving a second thought to actually determining when the ball left the passer's foot.

The biggest problem with these offside calls is that they scrutinise so much over the defensive line while barely giving a second thought to actually determining when the ball left the passer's foot.

Far from convinced they are getting that part right. As when the ball leaves the foot is a judgment call and is often obscured.

Thicker lines. You cant be level anymore when its been scrutinised so closely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The margin of error seems to always favour the defence.

The sign of a good match :D:D:D

En6bcHIXMAAjOYy?format=jpg&name=medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Neco is a little unfortunate I think, was badly exposed with no cover, lost his head for the penalty, but recovered when Milner came over in front of him. No place at the top for sentiment, but he needs some space to settle in and get his feet under the table a bit.
    Minamino is a huge problem, a relatively big money play 3who has offered nothing over the last 12 months. Needs to shape up or ship out IMHO, hope im wrong, but he's on thin ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,550 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That's what I thought at 1st but shirley there using a photo shot from the time the ball was played.
    Otherwise var is moot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Our first is coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neco is a little unfortunate I think, was badly exposed with no cover, lost his head for the penalty, but recovered when Milner came over in front of him. No place at the top for sentiment, but he needs some space to settle in and get his feet under the table a bit.
    Minamino is a huge problem, a relatively big money play 3who has offered nothing over the last 12 months. Needs to shape up or ship out IMHO, hope im wrong, but he's on thin ice.

He cost £7 million that is not big money in any way shape or form in football and hasn't been in years.

Who is he on thin ice with? You?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

He cost £7 million that is not big money in any way shape or form in football and hasn't been in years.

I think his signing was partly to do with marketing also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,550 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jota1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,610 ✭✭✭eigrod

Brilliant goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I love you Diogo!

Great stuff.

No doubt about that one for VAR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

How good was that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

At least McManaman will f**k up for a few minutes now, doubt Fletch will beside him unfortunately.

What a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Get in Jota!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Jota's composure is one of the best I've seen. So good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,381 ✭✭✭facehugger99

What

A

Signing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,409 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Diogo Marajota !!! What a goal, Maradona like.

That goal is even better on the replay.

What a signing Jota is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Another let off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That's the best goal from the lad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement