Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panda Green Bin Weight Dispute

Options
  • 16-10-2019 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

My family are a bit stumped about this. My dad waseither paying or checking for our bins online (panda). On average our green bin is usually a <10kg bin but the one picked up on Friday just gone was about 46kg. (My parents weren't even home the last week so if anything it would be lighter than usual!)

There was nothing strange put in, we aren't in in the middle of a clear out, and the only things that go in that bin is paper/plastic/tins etc.

Is there a way to appeal this? Is it more likely someone put something into our bin or a computer error?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭NuttyMcNutty

Panda, actually take a picture of the green bin when being emptied(not sure if it is fitted to all recycling vehicles), ask them to check to see if they can see anything out of the ordinary, they could also email you the photo. They use this feature to check for contamination of the green bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Panda, actually take a picture of the green bin when being emptied(not sure if it is fitted to all recycling vehicles), ask them to check to see if they can see anything out of the ordinary, they could also email you the photo. They use this feature to check for contamination of the green bin.

Oh I didn't realise! Will definitely check that out thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Could someone else have dumped a load of stuff in the bin between it being put out and being collected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

That’s roughly 7 stone...seems heavy for recycling bin.
    I would query it too .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

The other thing to be checked is that you are using your own bin i.e. was your bin mixed up with that of a neighbour before you took it in after the previous collection day and they are using your bin. If so, you are being charged for their bin contents

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

We had this resolved luckily :)

Contacted Panda and they think their computer may have been wrong so have changed the reading to an avg of our last 6 lifts (about 10kg)

Thank you for the advice!

Advertisement