Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Knock runway blessing

2»

Comments

You’ll never get the prods to believe in the “magic”, they’re all about the “representations”.

“Transubstantiation” leaves a bitter taste in their mouths. It would be a “red line” issue.
    Narcissism of small differences, I reckon Emmet. Most people are only thinking of their parking disc by that stage of their Sunday worship.
    Bang of "University Politics" between competing ministers, like two brothers with stones in their pockets arguing the price of wethers. Stay out of it altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I remember been brought to some cottage in the west where Mary appeared on a slate.... I would have been around 10-14

I really think it was similar to father Ted and the mystery cough cough of the image on the skirting ... ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

If Jesus were to come back today and visit Ireland, his first comment would be ‘what is all this Roman Catholic Shiite...sure I was a feckin’ Jew, if your going to follow me, would at least join my religion ya feckin gobshiites!!’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Inasmuch as I despise many aspects of Islam, at least they don't go worshipping burnt pieces of toast or tree stumps with supposed images of holy people.

You might be a bit quick to praise that shower.
    Sure the hajj thing is their 'bus to Knock'.
    Have you seen them throwing stones at 'the devil' (a rock pillar or something).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoning_of_the_Devil

Advertisement