Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Powershift gearbox issue

Options
  • 14-09-2019 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have an automatic 2013 Ford Grand C-Max 2l Diesel with 140k on it - full Ford service history if it matters.

The gear box has been a little off for a while - jerky when pulling out a junctions, particularly yield signs such as roundabouts where the car might not be fully stopped, revving up when slowing for a turn and it feels like it sits in a lower gear than it should at times.

Today I got a warning saying transmission limited function and ultimately it wasn't changing gears. Managed to get some of the way home using sport mode - gears 1, 3,5 and I think 6 were available. Eventually that stopped working and I had to pull in. When I restarted the car all was good again but I know that's not be the end of it.

Is anyone here familiar with this gearbox/symptoms. Google tells me all sorts of different issues form transmission oils, to the clutch or various sensors, and ultimately where best to get it sorted. I'm in the northeast and I'm guessing the Ford dealer is unlikely to be the most economic solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Whocare

I take it gearbox got oil and filter change ever 60km

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

Whocare wrote: »
    I take it gearbox got oil and filter change ever 60km

Don't really know to be honest. It was serviced on schedule with the dealer that sold it for the first 100k, and my local dealer at 120k. I would have assumed they serviced per schedule but I must have a look in the records to see if there is anything there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It might be the EGR valve also. I had an issue with a BMW, losing power, appeared to be in the wrong gear, slow to change gear etc, but it was down to the EGR valve. It also gave a limp mode error.

There is a chance that it is engine related (particularly the emmision system) and not gear box related.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Whocare

Carb wrote: »
    Don't really know to be honest. It was serviced on schedule with the dealer that sold it for the first 100k, and my local dealer at 120k. I would have assumed they serviced per schedule but I must have a look in the records to see if there is anything there.

There a good video on YouTube "ford Mondeo powershift oil and filter change luck me " Alan Howard. ( don't how you put links to it board ) about servicing powershift gearbox my bet is one of the two churches in your gearbox is gone going by that video

Advertisement