Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Start a club??

• 15-04-2004 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

During the summer I will have no real place to practise, I was given the idea to start something down here (the midlands).

A couple of friends of mine are interested in archery, one did it in South Africa with her brother and are very eager. I also know sombody in Limerick Archery club who lives nearby.

Is it too much hassle with insurance and equipment to start up anything??

Or should I try?

Hotshot

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

You should try.

Contact the someone from IAAA.
    They will tell you what to do.
    You can buy secondhand Targets from Dublin Archers and IAAA membership is free for the first year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Definately contact the IAAA. They'll help you as much as possible. Where exactly are you thinking of?

I'm sure you're not the only person who'd be interested so if you can give a general area that might spark some more interest.

You might have problems with insurance etc initially but once you're affiliated with the IAAA that should quell a lot of that.

I'm not sure if you need any insurance other than IAAA club affiliation? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong here.

If you need any other help please feel free to post more here. We'll try to help you as much as we can...

You will need to pay the IAAA €150 to affiliate the club with them and €70 per member €40 for students.
    This fee covers insurance and legal blah..

Do you have anywhere in mind to shoot (your garden, a local sports complex, a farm etc..)

Contact Jim Murry. He lives in the midlands and is already heavily invloved with Sportslink. I'm sure he would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

I may be knocking around the midlands this summer as well - I sometimes live out near Mullingar, PM me yer number, and if Im around the summer you can come shoot in my place - I have 90m and Indoor ranges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hotshot

I live in Mullingar. When i was talking to my friends about it, the one that do archery, out of convience it might be easier to have something in the middle of town...maybe sompeople might find it a hard time to get out to wilsons.
    Maybe im wrong Ewan, thanks for the offer.......

So just contact the IAAA about it and see what the stori is with fees and stuff....

Where to get the money to affiliate the club with the IAAA and start off with equipment???

There are some places in town that it could be held in...there be two secoundary schools. ive been to both so i could ask. Just because i live in the country don't mean it gotta be in a farm!!!!

Who Jim Murrey??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Ah ffs its only a 8 or so miles down the N4, it wouldnt kill you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hotshot

Yea i know, if your not around or what ever during the summer. just curious about what it entails to set up a club...one more to take on dublin archers!

Just because i live in the country don't mean it gotta be in a farm!!!!

I wasn't slagging you or anything..
    Just if you know someone who owns alot of land it would be an ideal place to shoot.

Advertisement