Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Superb, washer stalk opens the boot

Options
  • 14-09-2019 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

hi all,I have a 2010 1.9 skoda superb,during the week a problem arose,when i pull the stalk for the front window washer the boot opens! anyone ever come across this problem before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That doesn't make any sense, unless there is a wiring issue.
    Possibly the issue is in the steering column, or in the cluster going from the car body to the boot door.
    You need an auto electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slingshot88

biko wrote: »
    That doesn't make any sense, unless there is a wiring issue.
    Possibly the issue is in the steering column, or in the cluster going from the car body to the boot door.
    You need an auto electrician.

ya it seems to be the wiring in boot that is the cause,messed around with yesterday eve and it's fixed again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Can you elaborate on what steps you did to find the problem and what fix you did, in case someone else has the same problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭HailSatan

Can you elaborate on what steps you did to find the problem and what fix you did, in case someone else has the same problem?

Got someone to pull his stalk while he rummaged around in the rear I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭slingshot88

wires on left hand side on boot,gave them a shake and that solved it,so il strip it back at weekend and fix the wire

• Advertisement
Advertisement