Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to get over her?

• 06-01-2009 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi all. i realise this question has been asked a million times before but i suppose it would make me feel better to get things off my chest. my girlfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago and finding it a bit tough to get over her. i know theres no set time for these things but the breakup came as a suprise and a shock. shes living abroad for a few months so put it down to long distance and said she still loved me. why would she want to break up then? i genuinly felt we could have given it a go and now im left feeling gutted and like a bit of a mug. i gave the relationship everything before she left and im now left feeling out in the cold, like i was strung along till it suited her. maybe some girls out there could give me some advice? thanks for reading

Comments

You only want advice from girls :(

I'll give you some words.Firstly it's only 3 weeks.It might feel as bad at 3 months so dont panic that you feel like this now.
    My solution to this although clinical is to draw on your inner anger [it's there believe me!].
    Use that anger on yourself to question how you could be and have felt this way about someone who cannot return it or worse as it looks like,didnt really return it and used you untill something better came along.
    Your rose tinted spectacles [don't worry we all put them on at times usually unbeknownst to ourselves] and raging hormones drew you into this play.

You are another casualty of the human heart-hers and yours..Be strong and look after yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

dont worry all advice is appreciated .thanks a million man. sounds wierd but even posting here makes me feel that little bit better. i know i was a sucker and fell for it big time. the odd time i think maybe she'l change her mind but i guess thats normal right? i know it wont happen because as you said something betters come along and shes done with me. christmas was okay, i kept busy and didnt think about her too much hence why i thought i was over her but now the last couple of days its really hitting me hard. thanks again for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

shes living abroad for a few months so put it down to long distance and said she still loved me. why would she want to break up then?

I'm a bloke, and a bit of a bastard at that ;) so I'll give you some solid manly advice and you can take it or leave it.

Unless she gives you a good explaination, she doesn't love you. If she did she wouldn't be breaking up with you. She's telling you this "love you but not in love with you" crap because she's is afraid of hurting you, which will make her feel bad. By letting you down gently, she is sparing herself of guilt. It also leaves you hanging on in hope, which is a terrible thing and from someone with first hand experience, I don't advice you do it. Regardless of how nice and innocent this girl might be, they can be great liars as well.

So my advice is to remove her phone number from your phone, her email address from MSN, remove facebook and bebo etc... and have nothing to do with her. If you are worried about her while she's away, don't be. You'll find out from someone if she gets hurt or something.

While she is allowed to break up with you if she feels like it, I think it was mighty **** of her to keep you stringing along till she left. You were like her plaything on the side while she was here. Then your purpose had expired when she left. That's no way to treat somebody. No excuse for that at all. So by cutting her out completely and getting on with it you'll get over it faster. She doesn't sound very nice to be honest.

Get out with the lads, find a new hobby (this works very well, i started building computers and the one I have now provides me with more boob than she ever did ;)), make new friends and overall give yourself time. It'll get easier, believe me on that. And again I must stress that there's a lot of great women out there, weeding out the bitchy ones helps. Best of luck bud.

Advertisement