Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,511 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

fin12 wrote: »
    I saw Green Day in Marley Park years ago and it’s a good venue I think for gigs, way better than Slane anyway.

Sound. I liked slane the venue as it's elevated around the stage but I've had to get to slane once and I'll never go there again. Getting there is a pain was a pain in the bollocks. At least with Marley park it's in Dublin and if the time on ticket master is correct of 4pm on a June Saturday then say 7pm finish if it's on time then depending where you live you could be back home in time to watch MOTD. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sound. I liked slane the venue as it's elevated around the stage but I've had to get to slane once and I'll never go there again. Getting there is a pain was a pain in the bollocks. At least with Marley park it's in Dublin and if the time on ticket master is correct of 4pm on a June Saturday then say 7pm finish if it's on time then depending where you live you could be back home in time to watch MOTD. Happy days.

Only way to travel in Slane is to camp

4pm would be gate time, support at 5pm, main act at 8pm (closer to 9pm).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Only way to travel in Slane is to camp

4pm would be gate time, support at 5pm, main act at 8pm (closer to 9pm).

I'd say Guns will hit stage at 7.30, maybe 8. Its close to a 3hr show and curfew is 10.30 I think

scudzilla wrote: »
    I'd say Guns will hit stage at 7.30, maybe 8. Its close to a 3hr show and curfew is 10.30 I think

If Axle is on stage before 8.30pm I'll give you my life savings (€54.46)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lol. He will be. And it's AXL

• Advertisement

He's just Bruce to me pal

????

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

scudzilla wrote: »

If memory serves, weren't they on stage ahead of their scheduled time at Slane 2 years ago?
    ????

Bruce is Axl's middle name, his full name being William Bruce Rose Jr, he had it legally changed to Axl Rose prior i believe to GN'R signing with Geffen way back in the 80's

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    If memory serves, weren't they on stage ahead of their scheduled time at Slane 2 years ago?

Bruce is Axl's middle name, his full name being William Bruce Rose Jr, he had it legally changed to Axl Rose prior i believe to GN'R signing with Geffen way back in the 80's
    I think they were and if they were late it wasn't even noticeable.

I thought he changed it to W.axl rose with the W not actually standing for William which is his given name.

I think they were and if they were late it wasn't even noticeable.

I thought he changed it to W.axl rose with the W not actually standing for William which is his given name.

I'm almost certain they were scheduled to be on at 8, but came on 10/15 minutes earlier, to the surprise of everyone around me.

I just remembering reading he had it legally changed.

• Advertisement

I'm almost certain they were scheduled to be on at 8, but came on 10/15 minutes earlier, to the surprise of everyone around me.

I just remembering reading he had it legally changed.

I could go find the show threads on those other GNR message boards but honestly I couldn't handle going through those mad houses.

He did have it changed legally but what I was saying( I think i'm right) is that his legal name is W.Axl Rose with the W actually being just a letter and not short for anything.

I could go find the show threads on those other GNR message boards but honestly I couldn't handle going through those mad houses.

He did have it changed legally but what I was saying( I think i'm right) is that his legal name is W.Axl Rose with the W actually being just a letter and not short for anything.

Found the article.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-stage-names-origins/

good article that gives the general outline of the name origins. Also , it doesn't say it there but the Reason Axl is spelt Axl is because he told the story in the MTV documentary from 1989 that his friend rang him up and said they had this list of names for bands and one of them was called Axl(like it says in the link) and Axl says his friend asked him how they should spell that name and Axl claims to have said AXL without thinking and put the phone down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

It's W. Axl Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Actually cannot believe this is in Marlay. It's too good to be true.

Lads what capacity is Marley park ?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

40, 000

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Actually cannot believe this is in Marlay. It's too good to be true.

I'd say a lot of people are still kinda thinking to themselves, is it actually happening, cause it was a literal out of the blue announcement.

Risteard81 wrote: »
    It's W. Axl Rose.

The W is for William

I'd say a lot of people are still kinda thinking to themselves, is it actually happening, cause it was a literal out of the blue announcement.

Slash and Axl...in Rathfarnham.

This is mad.

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Slash and Axl...in Rathfarnham.

This is mad.

If someone had told you after their Slane Castle show that they'd come back to Ireland and play Marlay Park, you'd probably have looked at them like you're crazy.

Now to try and get a hold of a ticket on Wednesday morning.

If someone had told you after their Slane Castle show that they'd come back to Ireland and play Marlay Park, you'd probably have looked at them like you're crazy.

Now to try and get a hold of a ticket on Wednesday morning.

Got mine secured via Nighttrain membership (a mate's).

F*ckin hell, I'm excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

What's the capacity of marly park
    Cant see it been a sellout straightaway .
    Slane was sold out due to the occasion of slash and axl back on stage together and a crowd that always got Slane
    It'll sell out after easter. A summer's evening in town would defo suit us middle aged crew who seen them in 92.

40, 000

Jesus that's lower than I was hoping for. Hopefully Wednesday morning goes well.

The W is for William

It doesn't stand for William now. It did years ago but now it doesn't Mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

What's the capacity of marly park
    Cant see it been a sellout straightaway .
    Slane was sold out due to the occasion of slash and axl back on stage together and a crowd that always got Slane
    It'll sell out after easter. A summer's evening in town would defo suit us middle aged crew who seen them in 92.

It will sell out.

It will be 3 years since Slane.

Smaller capacity than Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Duffy98

Amyone know what time the MCD presale is on tomorrow is it 9 or 10 it doesnt say on mcd or ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

3 days between every gig, but 6 days between NL and Dublin.

Is there another gig going to be announced or will they be hanging around Dublin or what

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

From Reddit, 5 classic Guns n Roses gigs pro-shot and recorded in full - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15DXCjpmw7qFMQ0QHKYeg15Xt3KI0efaU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I did the night train membership + ticket bundle this time as getting gold circle for London last time was a nightmare and I just didn't wanna do that again! I haven't received my email with the instructions on redeeming my membership - anyone else having this issue?

Advertisement