Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh Bite in Callan closed for good?

Options
  • 22-08-2019 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I know it was closed by the FSAI people, but I notice now the 'Fresh Bite' sign is taken down from over the door, and the notice in the window detailing the 'renovations' is gone as well? Gone for good I wonder?

Shame if it is, their food was great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭biffontour

BoroMan32 wrote: »

Holy **** that’s pretty bad

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Shame if it is, their food was great!

I'm not so sure about that :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Comerman

Phil MaCrackin, great name for the topic 😂
    Kilkenny kebabish was closed for a few days last week by them too, didn't see any reports on why though.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Phil MaCrackin

I heard today that the place has been gutted out inside and they're hiring new staff!
    Still strange that the name is gone from over the door though.

• Advertisement

Probably the best thing to do is change the name, no bad publicity then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I think all these Kebabish type of operations should be subject to scrutiny, not only from a food safety perspective, but Revenue & INIS/GNIB also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I eat from there frequently :eek::eek::eek:
    My lads did too and there was an issue with an order once and I practically got abuse on the phone about it so that was the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Yamanoto wrote: »
    I think all these Kebabish type of operations should be subject to scrutiny, not only from a food safety perspective, but Revenue & INIS/GNIB also.

Bring that other Chipper on Walkin Street into that also, what reason is there in this day and age not to accept cards unless there trying to avoid revenue. Before it was maybe because of a phone line but now that reason isn't valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Kilkenny is full of brutal take aways- is there one actually decent chipper? I can’t think of one, awful. That Larkin’s place looks disgusting (like something from the 80s and dirty), ditto that Rocco’s place though a bit cleaner to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭1984baby

road_high wrote: »
    Kilkenny is full of brutal take aways- is there one actually decent chipper? I can’t think of one, awful. That Larkin’s place looks disgusting (like something from the 80s and dirty), ditto that Rocco’s place though a bit cleaner to be fair.

Roma on John st. I’ve never had a bad meal from there. Marios is good aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

Fresh Bite has re-opened as Mr Kebab. Think it's new people running it. Got a lovely doner kebab from there tonight and the portion was mighty. Hope it does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

still the same ones running it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

bassy wrote: »
    still the same ones running it :D

Really wow ok! Well I’m happy to see it re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Phil MaCrackin

But I notice they’ve stopped doing the Indian dishes... probably easier stay on the right side of the regs doing just chipper type stuff.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

come on jimmy,sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

holyhead wrote: »
    Fresh Bite has re-opened as Mr Kebab. Think it's new people running it. Got a lovely doner kebab from there tonight and the portion was mighty. Hope it does well.

Re-naming is a very common tactic after being shut down for food safety reasons. A few places in Cork were at it all the time. Their reincarnations would get shut down as well and they'd rename themselves again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Re-naming is a very common tactic after being shut down for food safety reasons. A few places in Cork were at it all the time. Their reincarnations would get shut down as well and they'd rename themselves again.

Probably handy for revenue too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Rochelle

It has never been the same since Big Snack & The Chick Inn closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

I've never had a bad bag of chips from Larkins.
    Mario's is good as well

Advertisement