Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium shot up after change of address

Options
  • 28-09-2016 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

So I decided to ring Campion Insurance to update my change of address. My Previous address was near the KCR Dublin 6W Terenure. I now live in Dublin 8 beside South Circular Road. It increased by 250 euro and I had to pay 75 of that up front then the rest will come of my remaining monthly installments.

The thing is I was never asked any questions like where is my car being kept like on street, garage or car park. I was never ask what security is in my new address like CCTV.

Should i question this steep increase or does this sound right to anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

My son's insurance premium with Zurich went up by 68% by moving from D14 on the southside to D15 on the northside. Also, there are conditions in the policy which state you must notify them immediately of a change of address, not just at renewal

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭DarraghR

Thats pretty crazy! I might be best off leaving it in case they increase it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

I went through Zurich's official complaints procedure and met a stone wall of'underwriting considerations'. I have access to the insurers quotation system and they do, in fact, differentiate to that degree between the 2 areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Insurance, like any contract, requires offer, acceptance, and consideration. All are fundamental.

An insurer can apply whatever underwriting requirements they wish. If you don't like them simply go elsewhere

Advertisement