Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-06-2015, 10:46   #1
Playboy

Send a message via MSN to Playboy
LCS

Anyone watching the LCS recently? Big game yesterday between Origin and Fnatic... 2 members of old Fnatic on each team (Xpeke and Soaz vs Yellowstar and Rekkles). The game lived up to expectations and was exciting from the word Go! Origin came out the worst from a couple of early trades which easily could have gone their way but the turning point was Niels getting caught by Huni in midlane which gave Fnatic an early baron which Origin contested as 4 and died.

I was surprised though as I thought Origin had a far superior Team Fighting composition (Heca, Gragas, Azir, Sivir, Annie) in comparison to Fnatic (Ekko, Olaf, Viktor, Kalista, Janna). Xpeke didnt really perform on Azir and tbh I'm not a big fan of that champ. He is strong in lane, has good poke and mobility but he just doesnt lay down enough damage in a Team Fight and he is mechanically too complex for the results you get.

It is so refreshing though to see two european teams be agressive and take risks rather than playing a passive and boring style that has plagued the division for so long.

Fnatic are really showing how strong they are now in every department. Yellowstar is turning out to be a fantastic shotcaller and Huni imo is far and away the best player in the EU LCS. Given how strong Fnatic were in Mid Season Invitational (taking SKT to 5 games in the Semi's) in what was the first split this team played together and with a sub standard ADC, it really looks good for Fnatic in being able to truly compete at Worlds. For too long the EU and NA have lagged behind China and Korea but finally EU seems to be making some inroads. NA look further away than ever though :/ I also dont think its a bad thing that Fnatic have imported two Koreans as it means the rest of the EU can learn and hopefully raise their game to adapt.

Really disappointed with UoL at the moment. Not sure whats up with them but they seem to be tilting really badly and making far too many mistakes in game.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-06-2015, 14:22   #2
YouSavedMyLife

Only watched the OG vs FNC game yesterday and it was very exciting, action from the get go. Also noticed that Elements won a game too, what a shocker
Thanks from:
20-06-2015, 02:04   #3
Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouSavedMyLife View Post
Only watched the OG vs FNC game yesterday and it was very exciting, action from the get go. Also noticed that Elements won a game too, what a shocker
Yes a shocker! To be fair I think the penny has finally dropped with them. They were the poster boys for this horrible passive play-style in Europe and they seem to be doing better now that they have been trying to go more aggressive. Froggen's mid Ekko is quite good and a nice change for him.
20-06-2015, 20:00   #4
RopeDrink
Gregarious Gamer Geek

Haven't been watching it as I've been playing HoS and forgetting LoL - but I'm glad to see Origen in the LCS. As an 'old' FNC fan, was a bit miffed they split, though it is clear they are better off this way. Good luck to both of them.
21-06-2015, 05:09   #5
SeantheMan

Too many games to keep up with these days between NA LCS, EU LCS and LCK.
Though there are some highlights only channels which really help with catching up on the games.

The big tournaments are great where you can just veg out for a week and watch full games
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-06-2015, 10:29   #6
Playboy

Big game this in Europe with Fnatic taking on H2k. Both teams look top drawer at the moment so it will be interesting to see who come out on top. Both Fnatic and H2k have also moved up the international power rankings overall with Fnatic now listed as 6th.

UoL are also hopefully back on track after a win last week which consolidates their 4th place position. It would be nice if they could pull off a couple of wins as a semi-final 4 of Fnatic, H2k, Origen and UoL will make for great entertainment. UoL I always feel only really shine in a best of 5 so if they make it to the playoffs then they could surprise people.
25-06-2015, 16:45   #7
Korvanica

Send a message via MSN to Korvanica
It'll be a good game alright between Fnatic and H2K. Rest of them not so much i think. possibly UoL v Giants. Think UoL will take that.

HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO !
26-06-2015, 13:22   #8
Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvanica View Post
It'll be a good game alright between Fnatic and H2K. Rest of them not so much i think. possibly UoL v Giants. Think UoL will take that.

HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO HOLO !
UoL failed again even though looking the far better team for most of the game at both macro and micro level. What has let them down massively in this split is their champion pool. They are not playing very many meta champs and this is causing them massive issues in closing out games.

If we take their game versus Giants. The line up was;

Shen (Top) - Pocket pick... not convinced by it at all as you are losing a threat when people are running regular triple threat compositions

Lee Sin (Jungle) - Far better junglers out there at the moment .. Gragas, Rek'sai, Sejuani, Nunu... even Olaf is being used really effectively by Fnatic.

Syndra (Mid) - Not really a strong pick in this meta but PoE is playing her just because he is comfortable on her. It doesnt feel like there is a strategy here.

Morgana (Support) - Not really meta but Hylissang is really good on her. Would prefer to see more Nautilus and Alistair

Jinx (Adc) - Not a bad pick but nowhere near as strong as Sivir or Kalista

They need to really look at their style and picks and make some big adjustments if they are going to succeed. Their macro strategy is good but its not enough to carry them in sub par team comps.

Last edited by Playboy; 27-06-2015 at 00:13.
26-06-2015, 19:09   #9
YouSavedMyLife

That Olaf axe in the fnatic game doe!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-06-2015, 09:16   #10
n1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playboy View Post
Lee Sin (Jungle) - Far better junglers out there at the moment .. Gragas, Rek'sai, Sejuani, Nunu... even Olaf is being used really effectively by Fnatic.
Tell that to Rush!
29-06-2015, 11:21   #11
Playboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1ck View Post
Tell that to Rush!
Well to be fair C9 are really awful at the moment! However he is a pretty amazing Lee player and he was top notch in that game.
Thanks from:
29-06-2015, 11:24   #12
Playboy

Anyone see Fenix Azir plays for Team Liquid vs CLG at the weekend? Quadra kill is pretty amazing. Not really been a big fan of Azir but I think players and teams are getting more comfortable on him and we are starting to see more of his potential to make plays.

Thanks from:
29-06-2015, 13:28   #13
YouSavedMyLife

Damn that was nice. I played Azir a lot after his release, he was sleeper OP. He hits a huge power spike after his 3rd item. When they nerfed his soldier attack range I played one game and failed hard with him and haven't touched him since. I think they brought the range back up but not to the same values it was after release. He's lots of fun to play though
30-06-2015, 17:11   #14
n1ck

I hate Azir, feel like he's strong throughout the game and he's really hard to lane against.
08-07-2015, 01:09   #15
SeantheMan

Can anyone post some of their favourite matchups this season, I've not watched any of this Split ....but if you can recall a few great games I'll happily go watch the Highlights. EU LCS / LCK / NA LCS or LPL

Last edited by SeantheMan; 08-07-2015 at 05:09.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion