Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"First unread" and polls

Options
  • 21-07-2009 9:53am
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭

There are forums I moderate where I try to read every post, and I do so starting with the oldest unread thread, go to the first unread post, then hit "next thread", go to the first unread post, etc.

If I hit the "first unread" button on this thread, it goes to the last post, skipping over unread posts. I've noticed this happening before, but could never figure out why - it just occurred to me that this thread has a poll attached (which is generally not allowed in the Politics forums).

Could there be a connection?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A followup on this: the behaviour I've outlined above only seems to happen when I've been away from boards.ie for a wee while.

In other words, when I clicked "first unread" on that poll thread first thing yesterday morning, it brought me straight to the last post, skipping all the other unread posts. As I continued to read around boards, there were several more posts, and when I clicked "first unread" again, I got the first post I hadn't read yet.

Does that make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I've had a bit of a problem with poll threads too. If I reply to them and go back to the forum they stay bolded like I haven't read the most recent posts in it whereas if I reply on a normal thread it unbolds.

Might be some bug with polls?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Gently bumping this - it's still a problem. The "first unread" feature is my best friend, and having it broken on threads with polls is like repeatedly dropping the bookmark out of a book. :(

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement