Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow mountain snow

Options
  • 18-01-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭

A few pics from this afternoon near the sally gap
    DSC_0380.jpg
    DSC_0385.JPG
    DSC_0387.JPG
    DSC_0389.JPG
    DSC_0400.JPG
    DSC_0406.JPG
    DSC_0411.JPG
    DSC_0412.JPG
    DSC_0413.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

Nice pic .
    Thing is that aint really snow. More like Dandruff.
    Reminds me of last year when colleagues said they had to dig their cars out.....they must be driving corgi cars.
    Haven't seen anything like snow since I moved here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very nice, roads were exactly like the last two pictures here this morning, pretty slippy.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Nice photo's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Nice photos from your Nikon D300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 wicklowgirl

Wicklow gap is reported to have about 4 foot of snow and still falling with drifts in place's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭DR6.5

The road is clear, the snow plough was up there today, in spots there would be 2-3 foot of snow. it was lashing down when i was up there today.

I went out yesterday to Laragh but the gap was closed at that time, i know at 3pm yesterday it was said to be about 4 foot up at the top with only one track on the road.

I was itching to head out to the mountains myself today and assumed the Gap would be impassible so went to Glendalough instead. Absolutely lovely walk around the lakes there, highly recommend it before the snow melts!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

My neighbour was speaking to a local guard this morning, he said more people had to be rescued from the snow last night up the gap! :rolleyes:

Why are some people so stupid? Wasting the rescue teams time, do they not listen to the weather warnings all over the papers, news etc.

Lovely pics tho! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

ya nice photos but calling that snow is like, lying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Supercell wrote: »
    I was itching to head out to the mountains myself today and assumed the Gap would be impassible so went to Glendalough instead. Absolutely lovely walk around the lakes there, highly recommend it before the snow melts!

Was thinking of heading over there myself, is there much snow left around?

Went to head into Glendalough yesterday for a walk after seen the gap closed but a oil lorry was stuck at the first car park so no option but turn around!

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

ya nice photos but calling that snow is like, lying.

I agree. Dandruff is what it is.

Heres a few I took today walking around Glendalough, looked far nicer when there, highly recommend going for a wintry stroll there.

Lonely tree, looked so cold and alone I had to snap it!

lonely_tree.jpg

Walking along the trail beside the lower lake, snow was very compacted and icy on the trail so was fine for walking on :-

glendalough_lower_lake.jpg

View of upper lake, the snow was starting to set in now and I had to leg it back as a full on blizzard set in about 5 mins after I took it :-

glendalough_upper_lake.jpg

Jemmy wrote: »
    Was thinking of heading over there myself, is there much snow left around?

Not as much as here but still a decent four or five inches where walkers haven't compacted it. Kids were having great craic throwing snowballs at eachother.

great pics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Great stuff there Supercell, looks very cold and isolated

Advertisement