MOBA Forum Charter
MOBA stands for Multiplayer online battle arena. This genre covers games such as Dota, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Smite, and several other games.
If you have any questions feel free to contact any of the mods, currently Doctor DooM, deconduo and cherryghost.
The Golden Rule:
There is no free speech!
-This is a privately owned website. You do not have the right to say whatever you want on here. You are expected to obey the rules just like anyone else. Not following the rules will get you banned. It is very simple. You are allowed to discuss anything as long as it doesn't break the following rules.
- Topics/posts that contain this will be both edited and locked. If you wish to buy ad space, contact email@example.com
- Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted. No MOBA Flame Wars/Trolling. Do not derail another MOBA's thread.
- Posts that are just complete nonsense will be deleted. This includes "Woot! I've 1000 posts" posts and threads. You do not need to post threads in multiple forums. You may ask a Moderator if you think the post is important.
- Topics/posts containing such will be edited/deleted accordingly.
- Topics/posts containing such will be deleted on sight. This is a severe offence. The minimum ban handed out will be one month. Permanent bans will also be handed out for this. If you are linking to an external website that might contain "newspaper" nudity or contains sexual reference, please make sure you mark it "Not safe for work"
- Posts that stray off topic will be edited/deleted, depending on their relevance to the topic at hand. People who ignore a moderator's request to stay on topic will be banned for a week.
- Posting other people phone numbers is a bannable offence. You should never post your own number on a thread as it is not guaranteed to be safe.
Posting in "rtrd"
- Using txtspk n ur psts is cnsdrd been rlly stpd cuz u hv qwert kbd n ur pc so xpct 2 b wrnd. Please don't do this, this is not a bannable offence but repeat offenders might be "asked" to take a break from posting.
- Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post. Posting PM's publicly without consent could be met with harsh consequences, especially if they do not have any place in the discussion.
Pointless Threads and Polls
- Posting any pointless thread or poll will result in the thread being locked. You can be banned for this. Think before you post. If you don't have anything to say then don't bother posting a new thread. Please try to comment as much as you can on any threads you create. If you create a thread in which you ask people to contribute in, contribute first.
Making the natives restless
- This is a catch-all rule for general trolling, bitching and similar. Certain posters have an ability to piss off large quanties of regulars on here. If a moderator feels that said poster is doing this intentionally or is the cause of the mess, then the poster can and will be banned. If this poster was being goaded by others, then they'll be the ones getting banned. This rule will hopefully put an end to the bitching going on in here of late.
- Posting in a thread only to make it return to the top of the forum is not allowed (i.e. posting "bump" or some other pointlessness reply to a thread). People who bump threads may be banned. Bumping threads clutters a forum, if a thread is not getting replies then either revive the discussion with a good reply or let it die a slow death.
Arguing with a moderator
- Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.
Threads discussing Illegal Activities
- Any threads or posts advocating illegal activities or asking for help in such activities will be deleted. You can also be banned for this.
- Any thread or post that contravenes the charter should be reported. When reporting a post, make sure you have good reason. Someone disagreeing with you is not a troll, not all arguments are abusive etc. Abusing this feature is frowned upon. If you report a post, it is always a good idea to say so in a thread. It is not required though, but it does reduce the number of repeated reported posts.
Registering a New Account to Circumvent a Ban
- This will get all accounts site-banned.
General Posting Guidelines
Please navigate around the forums before starting a new thread. Use the search function if you think something may have been posted before.
Before you post a thread, consider the following:
- Is what I'm about to post relevant, coherent, funny or in any way interesting to other people?
- Does it add to the forum or is it another thread which is taking up space?
- Has it been posted before?
- Is it suitable for this forum?
Your threads and posts should be well thought out and coherent. This isn't AOL, there is no need for txt/leet speak or excessive punctuation. If in doubt, use a spell checker before you post. Meaningful threads add to the community, throw away threads like "What is your favourite colour?" accomplish nothing. Always try to stay on-topic and contribute to a thread. Moderators are also there to help you if you have any issues or if you have any queries.
ALWAYS READ THE CHARTER!
The charter contains all the rules and guidelines. The charter may be updated at any time. Make sure you are up to date.
This is a requirement, and ignorance is not an excuse. There are different charters for every forum on Boards.ie, and reading them will prevent any problems.
Dispute Resolution procedure
- If you have an issue with a Moderators decision, do not post on forum. Instead PM the mod in question to see if you can sort things out amicable. If you don’t feel satisfied with their answer, visit the Dispute Resolution forum to see how to proceed.