Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2013, 19:59   #31
cameramonkey

Advertisement
22-01-2013, 20:15   #32
cameramonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDrifts View Post
Nice shots there. Any chance you can link exactly where the second last photo was taken? Want to take the nephew tobogganing and that looks like a good place for it.
That photo was taken on the main road up to the transmitters about 150 meters from the top of the 3Rock. There were loads of people tobogganing there and a few skiing.

If you look at the map below you can start at point A and toboggan for about 600meters to point B. If you stop there to the left is a small opening between the trees. It looks like a great run but I would say is super fast with lots of branches overhanging so watch your head.alternatively you could keep on the main road down to the barrier and that is a 1.3 Km run.

Get up soon before the snow melts. Most people are leaving their cars at the bottom car park because the roads up to the barriers are slippery.Dont park on the double yellows outside on the road, the Guards were giving out parking tickets there the other day.

http://goo.gl/maps/HhkqU

Last edited by cameramonkey; 22-01-2013 at 20:20.
(2) thanks from:
22-01-2013, 23:10   #33

Thanks very much cameramonkey - that sounds perfect! Yeah I was up at Djouce at the Sally Gap today and although it was snowing slightly, you could hear the snow melting and dripping from the trees. I will probably head up to 3 rock on Thursday so hopefully daytime temps stay somewhat low.

Cheers again for the info.
Thanks from:
22-01-2013, 23:58   #34
cameramonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDrifts View Post
Thanks very much cameramonkey - that sounds perfect! Yeah I was up at Djouce at the Sally Gap today and although it was snowing slightly, you could hear the snow melting and dripping from the trees. I will probably head up to 3 rock on Thursday so hopefully daytime temps stay somewhat low.

Cheers again for the info.

good luck and take heed of the low branches if you take the run to the left.
Thanks from:
23-01-2013, 21:53   #35
sarsfield06

Was up in Wicklow today for a ski trip, Went to Ballinastoe Wood and hiked over to Lough Tay, stayed on the forest tracks and also skied down the road at Lough Tay. Snow a little softer and more consolidated with some melting. See photos below

Sugar Loaf

Where I parked, the lower car park as I heard the upper car parks would be hard to reach.

Road at car park, there was a bit of a thaw today so road improving

House in the snow and Vartry Reservoir

Forest Trail

Luggala and Lough Tay

The road to the Sally Gap, best on skis

Another view of Lough Tay

A go anywhere Landrover

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image