Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Housekeeping with Auntie sNarah #1

Options
  • 27-04-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

Hello there, my dear Mignon readers!

How lovely to have you back.

This week we shall be looking at what actions to undertake when you find your cat has drowned. Firstly, remove the cat from where you find it. Then, as described in figure 1, gently start swirling it around to create a centrifuge effect. This should release the water from the lungs.

156798.jpg

After the centrifuging, your cat should be breathing again. Find a warm towel from the hot press and wrap up the cat, gently cuddling it without applying pressure to the body.

For the next week, keep an eye on the cat for any unusual behaviour and if any inconsistencies occur, bring the cat to a veterinary doctor.

Love,
    Auntie sNarah

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

I'll keep that in mind, should my cat be stolen then taken to China then brought back then thrown in a bucket of water.

yes, yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Can the same principle be applied to puppies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

It's all about the centrifugal force!

Sarky wrote: »
    Can the same principle be applied to puppies?

Yes.

Advertisement