Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-11-2019, 17:52   #16
L.Jenkins
Let's Do This!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontspeak View Post
Hope the therapist can sort you out. Your condition can be helped. I hope your poor wife is staying strong through all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeytheparrot View Post
Mod

Stick to helpful advice here please.
Firstly, I have to agree with Joey. Secondly, if you think Ireland is bad, the US is a million times worse, even for the LGB community. I'd be terrified to be a Trans person in the US and I'm more than capable of taking care of myself.
Advertisement
04-11-2019, 18:24   #17
L.Jenkins
Let's Do This!!!

Simple error.
15-01-2020, 15:52   #18
themakingofme

I have booked an appointment with a clinical psychologist next month. I’m hoping that after a few sessions I will be diagnosed with gender dysphoria. If that is the case I will then tell my wife that I have gender dysphoria and that I will be taking hormones to become the woman I was born to be.
(2) thanks from:
15-01-2020, 16:45   #19

Hey

Good luck. Just be aware HRT will probably change your libido... possibly even your sexuality. You need to be upfront about this with your wife too.
Thanks from:
16-01-2020, 19:18   #20

To be honest, leaving Ireland (maybe not for the US - although some states are quite liberal) would be something I'd advise any trans woman (with no obligations here) to do.

I have recently come to the conclusion that if I am to find any kind of happiness in this life, it will involve getting the **** out of here. Even the doctors who are supposed to help you are patronising and they love playing gatekeepers with the meds. The general public is just as patronising.
Advertisement
17-01-2020, 17:59   #21
skallywag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTaylorFan View Post
The general public is just as patronising.
I strongly disagree with you.

I think that the general public is a lot more open and understanding than you are willing to believe.

That said, I sometimes think that you have no genuine interest in discussion anyway, and it somehow suits you to think that the gen pop have no genuine interest. And I really do not understand why.

Anyway, back on topic ...
Thanks from:
17-01-2020, 21:08   #22
Joeytheparrot

Mod

Stay on topic please. JTF is not the topic under discussion.
Thanks from:
17-02-2020, 12:44   #23
themakingofme

I have my first appointment with the clinical psychologist on Friday. I am very nervous.
Does anybody have any information on what I can expect from the first appointment?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet