Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

What kind of card are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

When I go into the app, then camera settings, and format tf card it's says 'camera not connected'

tedpan wrote: »
    What kind of card are you using?

Class 10 32Gb card

For the camera not connected issue, make sure you have a good physical connection and check that it is locked in place. Try a gimbal calibration from the app. If it doesn't get anywhere after pressing the start button, power cycle the drone and that should jumpstart the connection.

keltoms05 wrote:
    Class 10 32Gb card

The card looks fine although haven't heard of the intenso brand, so it should be fine.

Remove the battery and gimbal, check the gimbal clicks. Then reinstall the battery and turn on the drone. The camera will move within 5 seconds once it's correctly connected.

• Advertisement

Did you get it flying? It's a bit windy in Drogheda at the moment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

keltoms05 wrote: »
    When I go into the app, then camera settings, and format tf card it's says 'camera not connected'

Is the camera moving on start up?

Any lights on the camera if so?

Sounds like issue I had

Did you get it flying? It's a bit windy in Drogheda at the moment :(

Yeah got it going, I just left it for a while and when I turned it on again it allowed the update - strange one!

Took it out for the first flight yesterday and it last about 4 minutes before I hit a branch 😣 one of the props broke but that was all the damage I think.

Took it out again today (in a bigger open space!) And was great fun, it was dodgey out when I launched first - think there might have been a bit of dirt in one of the motors, but after a couple of minutes it was fine.

Here's the first video:

https://youtu.be/B1yLdjfg3H8

keltoms05 wrote:
    Tedpan you were saying about it recording 2 files for each video - one small thumbnail and one large. The trouble with mine is that all the large good quality ones are corrupted for some reason? Any ideas?

keltoms05 wrote:
    I have the video set to record in 4k but looks as though it only recorded in 360p.

Yeah, that's the low quality thumbnail. It should be recording both files at the same time. When connected, go into camera settings and set it to record at 1080p, 30fps. Maybe the SD card/laptop can't process 4k files.

Also note that you need to press stop at the end of the recording and not to switch off anything until you've pressed stop, otherwise the file hasn't been finalized and will be corrupted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok I know I am probably a bit late in the game on this. My brother is looking to get a drone and after looking around he thinks this might be the best value for money. Just wondering which is best method for ordering? I see it is on Gearbest for 390 so I guess this is best price?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Ok I know I am probably a bit late in the game on this. My brother is looking to get a drone and after looking around he thinks this might be the best value for money. Just wondering which is best method for ordering? I see it is on Gearbest for 390 so I guess this is best price?

Yeah, probably your best bet. I know there were vouchers last year which brought it down to around 350e. Not sure it's worth the wait though, I spent 450e on it and am still really happy with it.

Best of luck

Yeah, probably your best bet. I know there were vouchers last year which brought it down to around 350e. Not sure it's worth the wait though, I spent 450e on it and am still really happy with it.

Best of luck

Thanks for advice, he is complete beginner. Never flew a Drone before. He lives in middle of nowhere so flight paths are not any issue.

Just wondering if it is recommended for a new user? I read thread and know about setting the home location before flying....

I just seen a few times over Christmas on the local area forums people posting looking for Drones that had flew off

Shefwedfan wrote:
    I just seen a few times over Christmas on the local area forums people posting looking for Drones that had flew off

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Just wondering if it is recommended for a new user? I read thread and know about setting the home location before flying....

Perfect for a beginner. Just watch some YouTube videos of setting it up etc. Once you get the hang of it, you/he'll realise how easy it is to fly. Locks onto GPS when you let go of the control sticks and returns to home.

Once you've had 30 minutes with it, you'll fly like a pro

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Perfect for a beginner. Just watch some YouTube videos of setting it up etc. Once you get the hang of it, you/he'll realise how easy it is to fly. Locks onto GPS when you let go of the control sticks and returns to home.

Once you've had 30 minutes with it, you'll fly like a pro

Yep fully agree 60 mins under my belt and I’m quite comfortable with it now

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Anonamoose

Hey guys,
    Question: Where's the fastest place to get spare propellers from. Damaged one set and would like to have a backup.

Hey guys,
    Question: Where's the fastest place to get spare propellers from. Damaged one set and would like to have a backup.

Anonamoose wrote:
    Hey guys, Question: Where's the fastest place to get spare propellers from. Damaged one set and would like to have a backup.

Not sure about anywhere locally, I use gearbest, 11e a set and takes 3 weeks.

Not sure about anywhere locally, I use gearbest, 11e a set and takes 3 weeks.

Thanks. Do you understand the warehouse options in gear best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Anonamoose wrote: »
    Thanks. Do you understand the warehouse options in gear best.

If you're meaning about customs, at €11 it's well under the threshold for that, so you won't get hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Gadge

Looking to pull the trigger. Any codes for Gearbest or TomTop going around?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

Is 70 Euro delivered a good price for a second battery? Just ordered the backpack and got it for just over 20 Euro.

eoz wrote:
    Is 70 Euro delivered a good price for a second battery? Just ordered the backpack and got it for just over 20 Euro.

Yep, not bad for both. The batteries range from 60euro(sale times) to 90 at peak times. The case was 50euro when I bought my quad, so 20 is decent.

It looks like they have stock in warehouse G-W-4 which is supposed to be in Europe? Anyone order this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭11James11

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It looks like they have stock in warehouse G-W-4 which is supposed to be in Europe? Anyone order this route?

G-w-4 seems to be their polish warehouse and g-w-5 is their Prague warehouse where most the drones that were ordered on here from china where sent first so should speed up delivery a good bit if you ordered from there.hopefully the will stock some batteries here soon

Ok ordered, just checking is this the battery?

https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_425662.html

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Ok ordered, just checking is this the battery?

That will work fine, although it does look like the original mi drone version. The same size and spec but the button may not be gold.

That will work fine, although it does look like the original mi drone version. The same size and spec but the button may not be gold.

that was the only one I could find, is another one available?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    that was the only one I could find, is another one available?

The batteries in the 4k and 1080 version are interchangeable.

eoz wrote: »

Where did u get the backpack from? Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

keltoms05 wrote: »
    Where did u get the backpack from? Any links?

Got it from GearBest.

Advertisement