Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laois ghost stories

Options
  • 24-02-2014 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Writing Haunted Laois for the History Press. Im looking for modern, first person (ie not yer aunties, aunts, uncles, sisters story) accounts, preferably from the witness. I've already published Haunted Carlow and Haunted Kilkenny - the Laois one has been stalled due to lack of actual stories.

If anyone knows of any, drop me a line - cormac@cormacsbooks.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I am sure you have seen this old text?
    True Irish Ghost Stories by St. John D. Seymour and Harry L. Neligan
    [1914]

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/celt/tigs/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

I did, cheers. Im looking for modern stories though, as told by the person who witnessed it. Besides Haunted Carlow and Haunted Kilkenny, Ive just finished Haunted Tyrone, so there definitely are people around with stories to tell. its just trying to find them is the problem.

ANyone know of anyone in Laois who has a personal ghost story to tell?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

You should speak to Sean Ward in the Fisherman's Thatched Inn near Ballybrittas.
    He has some first hand stories.

You should speak to Sean Ward in the Fisherman's Thatched Inn near Ballybrittas.
    He has some first hand stories.

I talked to Sean before ... in fact we done an investigation in there one time and found on the recordings that, shall we say 'someone', was attempting to pretend to be a ghost. I shall say no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

A pretend ghost? Well I never.

**Vai** wrote: »
    A pretend ghost? Well I never.

Hopefully your cynism wont put those who have a story off from telling me about it.

ah now Ted ... don't be telling me there no first hand, modern accounts to be had? Since I posted this thread, I've written and published Haunted Tyrone so c'mon Laois-ians!

Advertisement