Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mf 5455 lift

• 14-06-2019 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

At bales a few times this week and 2 or 3 times the lifts dropped all by themselves..the first time or 2 it happened i thought i hit the switch by mistake but it happened again the next day on its own ....it happens when bale on lifter...anyone massey men know or experience anything like this before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Where’s the position of the switch when it does happen, in up or down mode or in the centre?
    Check the position of the draft/position potentiometer, the top one on the panel on the right side console, check it’s fully clockwise into position control mode, otherwise it thinks it’s in draft mode and will later the hitch height based on the load on the lower arms.
    When the rocker switch is in lower position, it will lower the lift as far as the setpoint set by the rotary wheel just behind the switch. When in raise position, the max height controlled by the height limit potentiometer over on the right console (think it’s the bottom one of the 3). If your switch is in either of these modes when it happens, check the potentiometer controls are not being inadvertently moved by accident. If not, one of them could have a dead spot in it causing a bad reading and commanding unwanted action from the lift.
    Turn off the transport control also (make sure there’s no red led lit up next to the soft pad yellow button next to the middle potentiometer on the right console).

If none of these checks show anything, could have a solenoid leakage issue on the valve or cylinder seal leakage somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭leoch

Thanks mad for tar the switch was in middle position when it happened i think the top knob on the right hand pannel was set at 10 or 11 oclock position i dont know much about the top knob so never use it the wheel down beside the lift switch is at9 or 10 the full way wat ever that us i think

Advertisement